Chapter 4 - What is happening?

It was a week since Jin left with his parents for vacation, and Jungkook is left alone. He slowly got used to the pain that happened to his body every night. He found out the pain left for a longer period the more he worked out. So that's what he did, he worked out every single day. It was strange, he went to the doctor a few days before, but they didn't find anything wrong with him.

He finally came home after a workout and went to the kitchen to get some food. But before he could get his food out of the fridge his phone rang.

"Hello?" He answered the phone, wondering who it was since he didn't recognize the number.

"Kookie! I'm calling through the hotel rooms phone, since it's less expensive than using my own, because we have extra service and can use it as much as we want! How are you?" Jin asked through the phone.

"Honestly, I don't know."

"... You don't know? How?"

"Honestly, I've been feeling weird lately. It's something with my body and I don't know what it is."

"Jungkook, what do you mean? Something with your body? Have you gone to the doctor?"

"Yes, and she doesn't know what's wrong either. My body hurts every night, but the pain goes away the more I train my body."

"Maybe you have a grow spurt?" After Jin said that Jungkook could hear a laugher over the phone which sounded more like a window getting cleaned.

"Haha, funny. Don't you think I can grow or something? I know you're taller than me but come on! You know males continue growing even after their twenties."

"Okay, okay, sorry. But for real, that might be the case. I remember my body hurt a lot when I grew taller." Seokjin had a point, he might grow taller and that's why his body hurt, and maybe working out made the pain better to deal with.

"Maybe you're right. That can be a possibility. By the way. Did you find out when you came back from you vacation?" Jungkook asked, wondering when he would see his best friend again.

"Three weeks before school starts. My parents wanted the vacation for a long time... And they're hoping for me to find someone here, so they have a free place to stay here in Italia. I swear to God, they are unbelievable."

"I love your parents, they're funny. But you be gone for so long? What am I supposed to do in that time? I have literally nothing to do..."

"Jungkook... You already have plans for working out this summer! And let's not forget you need to study, because you are terrible in school. You need to read. Be a smart boy and- MOM! DAD! NO! I DON'T TOUCH MY SPAGHET- NO! I got to go, they're drunk... Bye Kookie!" And with that Seokjin hung up on the phone. Jungkook was really confused. Spaghetti?

He had known Seokjin's parents all his life, and he must say, they're extremely funny and weird. One-time Seokjin came to his house and he talked about how his mom and him talked about horoscopes. Apparently, his horoscope said it was time to find love, and his mom said "Well, that might explain a lot, maybe a lover is exactly what you need... You need some." And she had laughed while he screamed, because he couldn't believe a mom would say that. Yet alone his own. His parents were to open, but at the same time they had a bond no one could break. And Jungkook really wished he had a strong bond with his parents, but they were always on business trips.

Jungkook missed his parents, but he was used to it and didn't feel so alone because Seokjin always was there for him. But now his best friend was gone for a long time, and he would be alone.

He shakes his head and walked to the bathroom to shower. He was under the water for a long time until he decided to go to bed, it was almost bedtime anyways. We went to bed and got to sleep.

🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸🕸

He twisted and turned in his bed. Whispers of strange words in his ears, even if no one was there. His body burned, but he couldn't wake up. His body was in a trance, and the pain was more intense than ever.

"GAHHHHH!" He woke up from the pain and all he could do was to scream, but no one came to his rescue. The walls were too thick, and the house was big, so he was left alone with his pain he so desperately wanted to go away.

After a while the burning of the inside of his body was gone, but his skin still burned. However, the pain couldn't even compare to how awful it was not even just ten minutes ago.

Soon the pain was gone, and he was too exhausted to do anything and passed out in his own bed. Totally still.

Hours later he woke up. And he felt sticky because of the sweat he worked up while he was screaming in agony in the middle of the night. He still doesn't understand what was going on. But now he didn't feel a single trace of pain in his body.

"W-what is going o-on?" He mumbled to himself. Tears left his closed eyes as he took deep breaths.

After a while he decided he couldn't stay in the state he was and left for a small shower. He grabbed some new clothes and a towel and vent to the bathroom.

Upon his arrival he felt oddly strange as he walked. He felt kind of lighter, but at the same time heavier. It was an odd feeling.

He stripped of his clothes and jumped right into the shower, not even looking at himself in the mirror.

The shower was long and perfect. He didn't know why, but he appreciated the shower for once in his life.

He happily went out of the shower, pleased that the pain was gone for now. He grabbed the towel and began to dry himself, but something odd happened. As he was about to let go of the towel it stuck to his hands.

"What the?" He tried to remove it again, but it didn't work. He got desperate and removed it by force, and finally it let go.

He was really confused at this point. Had Seokjin pulled a prank at him with glue? That was the only logical explanation he had for himself and decided to call Seokjin later.

He looked up from the towel and finally saw his own reflection in the mirror, and he gasped.

The one in the mirror was not Jungkook, maybe a better-looking look alike, but it possibly couldn't be him. He slowly went to the mirror and analyzed the reflection.

His face was more structured and grown up than before. His former skinnier body now was filled with lean, but defined muscles. And his stomach now had a sign of a six-pack growing there.

He knew himself that some of it was from the workouts he did and all the training, but the muscles has grown too fast to be normal. And he was sure he didn't look like this yesterday.

"Oh my God..."