Chapter Six

The day had come, the plan was perfect. We had them covered but, could I do this?

I was to keep in my Dragon form, I never done that for a whole day...could I even last the first flame?

I walked outside the moon was still high up in the sky, it felt as if I was the only one awake. These men and women were to fight tomorrow. Nesta and Feyre had a plan to wipe out half of the naval fleet. I held them to, yet if they fail I would have to burn the ships to the sea.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" A voice says behind me.

I turned on my heel to face Tamlin, he wore a green plated steel leathers with plenty of weaponry on him. His golden hair was tied back in a perfect bun.

"I don't think I can." I said crossing my arms.

"You spent your magic the other day, why would you even help us?" He asked curiously.

"This is my home I will not let it be destroyed by some crazed woman. I have to say thank you for helping me the other day." I sighed, I never wanted to thank this man but I guess I must.

"I guess you are in my debt," Tamlin taunted smirking.

I passed him and hissed, "After this war, you'll be in my debt."

I left him in his thought, I walked to the Night Court's section. The largest one of them all. I saw Azriel walking towards me and he saw me and smiled a bit.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?" He asked me as we walked along the shore line.

I chuckled and said dryly, "I guess the thrill keeps me up..."

He stopped and looked at me and asked in all seriousness, "What's wrong?"

I sighed and told him, "I...I just want to make sure that everyone is safe..."

He looked at me and placed a hand on my shoulder, "Naomi, you know that people will die..."

I nodded and quietly said, "I can hope for the best....right?"

Azriel engulfed me in a hug, wrapping his mighty wings around us. I felt safe with his arms around me, as if his arms and wings were walls around me protecting me from the outside world.

He looked at me and spoke, his voice sounding so small, "I know we'll be fine...I just want you to be safe too Naomi."

I smiled but the sun started to rise and horns started to blare. The battle waited for no one.

"Go...Go!" I yelled at him as I looked at the approaching naval fleet.

He spared one last glance before he flew off. I looked at my hands which shook in anticipation and then to the enemy who lies ahead of me.

I would not fail....I had no choice but not to fail.

I waited in the shadows, the armies were set. I breathed in and out and shifted.

The white laced gold scales replacing my sun kissed skin, the mighty wings ticking in. Their turquoise swirls seemed to shimmer like a black star. My eyes swirled like a golden storm, I looked at the armies rallying to attack...

This was my time.

Third Person POV

For the first time in Prythain history all of the seven courts stood together. Autumn was on the right flank alongside Winter. On the left flank was Spring and Day. In the middle was Dawn, Summer, and Night.

Rhysand looked at Thesan and asked, "Are you sure about this?"

Thesan nodded, and remarked, "You're the one of the oldest one here Rhysand, you sure your knees are okay with all of this?"