Chapter 7

Naomi sat in her tent, looking in book after book. Her hair was down, flowing in luscious waves. The stress was eating away at her, she wanted nothing more than to just kill that damned queen. She had no idea how the queen knew her, or how she had even known of the Dragonkin.

Azriel smiled softly, Azriel had been standing at the tent fold for a couple of minutes, Naomi was so far in her book she had not noticed him just standing there. So let himself be known, clearing his throat Naomi jumped up.

"How long were you there for?" Naomi scolded him as he walked in, setting her book on the small wooden table.

Azriel stood near her large bed, large enough for two with wings. He took note of that carefully. He looked at the book and asked, "When are you planning on sleeping?"

"When I am not stressed out," She stretched her arms over her head, her wings stretching, the membrane brushed against his calf, Azriel could feel the silkiness of her wings. She tucked them in quickly and mumbled an apology as a soft blush coated her cheeks.

Azriel smiled softly and told her it was perfectly fine. The two standing near one another, Naomi hugged him. Her wings draping on the floor, her arms wrapping around his large torso. He wrapped his large arms around her strong small frame. Careful of her wings.

Azriel took his thumb and index finger and rose her chin so she was looking at him. His eyes were locked on her lips, her cupid's bow was perfect, the plumpness of them made him wish he could do more than just stare.

She did the same, he licked his lips. She cupped his face, tracing his cheekbone with her thumb. He leaned into her touch, he was so warm, like a fire burning in the darkness a beacon for her.

He had enough of playing it safe, he captured her lips in his. He held her close as she wrapped her arms around him. Her lips were as soft as rose petals, they felt so soft, so calming to him.

His lips move with her's, the sweet soft, roughness of them made her yearn for more. He leaned into her, she could feel the needingness radiating off of him. The sweet plead of more. They parted, gasping for air. He cupped her face, resting his forehead on her's.

"If we keep going..." Azriel looked into her eyes, getting lost in the turquoise sea, "...I don't know if I will be able to stop..."

She grazed her thumb over his jaw and told him, looking in his eyes, "We can finish this when we survive this battle..."

She looked at her trunk near her bed and slipped from his hold and opened it up. Azriel walked over, looking down at the trunk.

"Where did you get that?" He whispered as she set the armor on the bed.

The white and black steel plated armor had been crafted just for her. With an engravement of a dragon on the back and it's wings on her arms, it had taken over a year to make. The headpiece looked like a dragon's jaw opening up. The snout coming down to her nose. The bottom jaw making the cheek guards and the top jaw making the headpiece. 

"A friend..." She told him.

The horns blares, the battle would start at midnight. She looked at him, cupped his face and kissed him. Azriel's stomach dropped, the kiss, it felt as if a last parting. She whispered, "Stay alive..."

Azriel watched as she ran. She sprinted out, her long legs carrying her. The High Lord's saw her as she moved toward's their meeting place near the cliff. The edge of the cliff was nearing and she sped up. The High Lord's watched in horror as she dove into the air. Her body fell into the water with a single splash.