Chapter 9

Azriel set Naomi on the healers bed, he held her hand as they healed the wounds on her chest, some of the other healers seeing if there was anything they could do for her leg. He looked down at her, her sea and golden flaked eyes seemed distant. As if she was day dreaming.

He traced his scarred thumb over her hand and hung his head. A healer looked at him and told him, "We can not heal her leg in full, it will take days maybe even weeks to heal."

Tralsin walked in and said, "Which is why I'll be taking over from here on out."

Naomi looked at her old mentor and friend, and smiled softly. Azriel looked over at Tralsin and asked, "You have healing magic?"

"Well, yes and no, my healing only works on fatal injuries on Dragonkin, so if you persay had a wound to the gut I could not be able to heal you," Tralsin explained as she rolled up her white long sleeved shirt.

There was nothing to say, nothing but, "Let's get on with this."

Naomi smiled at Azriel's words, she could feel his weariness in his voice, the worry, it touched her.

I'll be fine.

Last time you said that you went to kill the Queen of Hybern and summoned a fleet of Sea Dragons.

That was one time.

And it'll be the last...

"If you two are done having eye sex, can I get on with my job?" Tralsin chuckled, stepping closer to Naomi's mangled leg.

Naomi's grip tightened on Azriel's hand, her eyes folllowing Tralsin's hands as she put the bones back in their place. Naomi had to bite her lip to stop herself from crying out in pain. Azriel looked at Tralsin. Her dark skin was wrinkling at her forehead in concentration. She was digging deep into her magic, hopeing it would heal her enough.

The bones started to mold back together at a rapid pace, the skin was shifting on her leg, twisting and turning, leaving scars at every single inch. Naomi couldn't look at her leg for another second. She let out a gasp as she felt her knee mold back together in a single piece. Azriel held her hand tighter, running his thumb over her skin for comfort.

Traslin was nearing her thigh when white hot pain flared, and Naomi groaned out in pain. Azriel asked Tralsin, "Could this be less painful for her?"

"No, the wound would hve never been healed by a regular healer. Her bone is nothing but dust, the molding of the bones is only the first part. It's going to be a long night."

And so it was, after the bones were done molding together Naomi was panting. Sweat dripping down Tralsin and Naomi. The rest of the Inner Circle had come in along with Tarquin, to see the last of the healing.

Naomi's skin on her leg was covered in swirling scars, they almost looked like laopping waves. Yet her skin was smooth, no edged scars, all smooth and careful. When Tralsin was working on reparing the muscles along with the broken nerves Naomi had nearly passed out from the pain.

Elain watched as she could see the muscles shifting in Naomi's leg, the pain must have been unbearable fi she was fighting with this...than the healing must have been ten times worse. Nesta did not look away as she held both of her sisters hands. Feyre's knees nearly gave away at the kind gesture.  Though Feyre knew, it was only because Nesta felt sorry for Noami for putting herself in such a position to be hurt like this.

Tralsin stopped, only for a moment before looking at Naomi.

"You ready?"

Naomi clenched her jaw before smirking, "We've gotten this far, let's finish this."

Tralsin's palms glowed an eary dark red. Everyone was silent as Tralsin's hands went over Naomi's leg, sealing all of the healing. As she did, the shadows seemed to move up around Naomi's leg. Yet these were not Azriel's shadows, these were the lost souls of the Dragonkin. Marking Naomi as a true DragonKin, as one of their own.

They wrapped around Naomi's leg before stablizing as a dragon tattoo wrapping around Naomi's leg. It was beautiful, hidden Dragonkin marks in the tattoo. Tralsin smiled wide as Naomi sat up from her laid down position on the bed.

Rhysand watched as Tralsin helped Naomi and said "Muishi kwa muda mrefu joka." (Long live the Dragonkin).

Naomi chuckled and looked at all of them, she scanned them. Seeing few cuts and marks, though she had done her job. Her stomach sank. She was supposed to make sure they weren't hurt, and here they were. Standing in front of her marked with injuries.

Feyre saw her dull and saddened eyes and told her, "Thank you."

Naomi looked up at her, shocked to say the least.

Rhys nodded and added on, "You saved all of us from a civil war and death. While dealing with a loss on your side."

Naomi looked at all of them as she said softly, "I did what I had to do, plus my mom would have wanted me to fight. She would have wanted to see me live on, and I'll do just that for her."

Azriel ran his hand over her's, Cassian looked at the two and asked slyly, "Do I see love brewing?"

Nests hit his head and hissed, "You're sleeping on the couch tonight."

"What?!"

Elaine sat down next to Naomi and kindly asked, "Will you be coming back to the Night Court with us?"

Naomi looked at her and answered, "I have to do one more thing here before I go..."

Azriel looked down at her and said, "We'll be with you every step of the way."

Naomi places her hands on the bed and pushed herself up. Her leg felt as it did before. No pain resided and everything felt normal.

☾☾☾☾

Naomi looked at the grave in front of her. The stone was cut to look like a sun setting, the center of the grave had been hallowed out for the rich cherry blossom colored glass. Molten silver had been placed in the glass to spell out, "Darcy, mother, daughter and loving fae. May the sea guide your soul to the Mother."

Naomi set a white shell in front of it and crouched down, touching the glass. Her scarred hands now back to their original color. Her brown hair had been trimmed, now ending at her mid-back. Her eyes returned back to the sea color they once were.

Naomi's leather black pants had deep blue stitching along the sides and her tunic was the richest blue that Azriel had ever seen. The golden lining had proven it was once Darcy's old tunic when she was Naomi's age.

Azriel crouched down behind Naomi, placing his hand on her shoulder he watched as she wiped a stray tear away. He kissed her shoulder and whispered, "She was a kind and wonderful soul..."

"A stubborn one too," Naomi chuckled through her tears.

Azriel stood up along with her and told her, "She'd be so proud of you Naomi..."

Naomi held his hand and said to him as they looked at her grave, "She'd have loved to get to know you..."

Azriel squeezed her hand and replied, "I would have loved to get to know her..."

The sun rose, the first beam passing through the glass on on the backs of the two lovers. A wind blew the leaves off of a tree and around the two. Stopping them in their tracks. They looked back and saw a leaf resting right next to the shell.

"Dramatic indeed..." Naomi whispered, a soft smile on her rosey lips.

Azriel smirked and as they walked taunted playfuly, "Reminds me of someone."

"Insufferable Illyrian."