I - Wicked Ones

"This night ain't for the faint of heart

For the faint of heart, for the faint of heart

This night ain't for the faint of heart

'Cause the faint of heart gonna fall apart"

"No! Do not engage her!"

"But sir, she's getting away!"

Rosemary rolled over in bed, burying her face in the pillow. It wasn't rare for her memories to plague her dreams. Her subconscious would not let them go no matter how hard she pushed it away.

"She'll kill them! She'll kill them all!"

"Do not harm her!"

She stretched her fingers out on the mattress, claws sinking into it when she suddenly gripped onto the material. Her hair was sticking to the sides of her face with sweat, and her legs shifted around almost as if she had no control over them. Maybe she didn't. That wouldn't be much of a surprise anymore.

"And what of the people, sir! They will die!"

"No. She won't hurt them."

"How can you be so sure?"

She dragged her hand sharply up, not hearing as the noise tore through the night. It wasn't the first time she'd be stitching things up at 3am, and it would not be the last. That made it no easier. It did not mean it hurt less as she twisted and kicked, it did not mean that she didn't mind stitching her bedding back up in the morning.

"If they do not hurt her, she will not hurt them."

if they do not hurt her, she will not hurt them

they do not hurt her, she will not hurt them

they do not hurt her, she will hurt them

she will hurt them

Rosemary woke up in a cold sweat, sitting up immediately as the claws retracted back into her normal nails. The house was silent, and dark, the only light being from lampposts outside shining in. She'd forgotten to close her curtains that night, having fallen asleep right after a phone call with Nancy and Barb. It wasn't the first time she'd had flashbacks of her time at the lab. In fact, this was rather one of the more tame ones. But they'd been becoming more frequent. Something was happening, and she knew it.

But those were not her problems anymore. Now, her problems were to do with exams, and teenaged rumours, and the girl next door.

She was years gone from that place, and she would not be troubled with the issues they have made for themselves. Perhaps...

No. If one of her sisters or brothers form there were to ask for her help, she would help. At least, she hoped she would help. But she could not bring herself to seek them out. She would not take herself back there, not even for them. She'd built a life as Rosemary Stark. Nine was gone, left in the dust of a past life. And she would not be coming back for anything, or anyone.

That was for certain, Rosemary thought as she reached under her bed for her sewing kit.