V - Dark Nights

"Can't take the fire (can't take the fire)

'Til you've fallen from grace (Woah-oh-oh-ooooh)

Cause I need a man

A man who's got blood on his hands

And the truth on his face"

•  

"It's Tuesday," Tommy H said in a mocking tone. "Oh my go-"

"Heya, pretty ladies, Tommy, Steve." Rosemary gave both boys a nod. She had been meant to talk to her English teacher, really, but do you expect her to see Barb and Nancy talking to what Rosemary had often lovingly, and to Barb and Nancys embarrassment, called 'The Threesome' and not come over to see whats going on? "What you talkin' 'bout?" She put her elbow on Nancys shoulder and leaned on her, causing Nancy to roll her eyes and adjust her stance so that she didn't fall over.

"Party, at Steves." Carol cut in.

"Yeah, my parents are out of town." Steve nodded. He turned back to Nancy. "C'mon, it will be low key, it will just be us. What do you say? Are you in, or are you out?"

"Um.." Nancy furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head slightly as she thought. She realised the way Rosemary was looking at Steve was almost challengingly (she'd been doing it a lot more, it seemed, and Nancy didn't quite know when their tentative friendship had soured) and elbowed her friend lightly, making her look at her for the first time that day after they'd arrived at school. "Don-"

"Oh, god. Look." Her mumbling was cut off by Carol. They followed her gaze to where Jonathan was pinning up a missing poster of Will, and Rosemary let her arm fall from Nancys shoulder when the latter turned around. "Oh, god, that's depressing." Steve said in agreement, and Rosemany resisted the urge to slap him then and there.

"Should we say something?" Nancy asked. Rosemary and Barb exchanged a look over the girls head, knowing that none of the other three present would take a liking to that idea. "I don't think he speaks." Carol said, confirming their suspicions.

"How much do you want to be he killed him?" Tommy followed it up with.

"Hey, why don't you shut your face before I-" Rosemary started before she had a chance to think through what she was doing entirely, and was shut up by Nancy whacking her in the stomach and shooting her a glare. Steve muttered a short 'Shut up' to Tommy, knowing that if he said anything further nobody would be able to stop a niffed off Rosemary from decking him then and there. She'd done it to others for much less serious matters. Tommy would be no exception. If anything, it was clear she'd enjoy it.

Nancy pursed her lips and started to walk forwards.