Chapter Six

It was Saturday, and I had once again not slept at all last night. My thoughts were consumed with America the whole night. I was happy that she had told me everything. Now that I knew her story, I felt I could understand her better and know why she was upset. The only downside was that I really felt like punching America's ex for making her suffer.

When I got out of bed, I took a shower while my butler made my bed that wasn't really used. Feeling the water relaxed me, and when I was dryed off and dressed, I was ready to start a new day without punching someone in the face. I headed toward the dining hall and I smiled at all the Selected and noticed that America wasn't there.

After breakfest, I headed toward Father's office and my thoughts drifted back to America again. What is she doing right now? I briefly knocked on Fathers door and walked in, standing taller. Things were the same as they normally were, untill a maid came in holding a note on a platter. She curtseyed and handed it to me. I took the note and read it;

Dear Prince Maxon,

I have written a note to tell you that Lady Anna Farmer has just slapped me. I know this is against the rules, so I knew you needed to be informed about this. If you need proof, you can ask any of the other Selected. See you soon!

-Lady Celeste

"Oh dear," I muttered standing up. Father looked up from his work at me. "I must go settle a problem between Lady Celeste Newsome and Lady Anna Farmer, sir. May I be excused?"

"What happened?"

"According to Lady Celeste, Lady Anna slapped her on the face."

He nodded, "She was one of the Fours right? Not surprised. Send her home."

My blood boiled, but tried to remain calm. I stepped outside to see Lady Celeste waiting with a slightly red cheek.

"Your highness." she curtseyed.

"Are you alright? You should go to the hospital wing for some ice. I will meet you there after I talk with Lady Anna."

"Of course."

When she walked off, I took a deep breath and went to the Woman's Room.

Anna was outside waiting, almost like she knew what was to come. "Did you slap Lady Celeste?" I asked when I aproached her.

She nodded, tears running down her face.

"I'm sorry to say, that you are now eliminated from the Selection, Lady Anna."

"Thank you for letting me particapate, Prince Maxon. I should go to my room to pack now," she said turning.

"Wait, can you please go to the hospital wing, I want to make sure you are alright."

"Of course, your highness." She cursteyed and walked away.

I sighed. My choices were getting smaller by the second. I headed back to Father's office. "Did you eliminate her?" he asked, the second I walked in. I nodded and he gave me a satisfied nod. At least there was that.

--

I started off the next week with taking pictures with the remaining Selected. The Selected were told it was just for fun. It was, only it was a test to see if they looked good and regal with me and on camera. The public was also begging for pictures as a "look-in" of The Selection, so here we were taking pictures.