Chapter 58 // Ethan

The next morning Jack was waking me up.

Kylie: Wh-what?

Jack: Jonah.

I stood up and followed Jack into the bathroom where Jonah was sitting on the floor. I kneeled down next to him, tears flowing down his cheeks.

Jonah: Do you see what she's done to me.

Kylie: She didn't do anything to you, you're doing this to yourself.

I let him lean against me. I rubbed his shoulder. I looked up at Jack.

Jack: Buddy, it'll get better. Don't worry.

Kylie: I'll talk to her an-

Jonah: Talking to her won't do anything. She's clearly happier with him, I can see it in her smile.

Kylie: What? Where did you see her?

He pulled out his phone and showed me an instagram picture:

jennabooo5

Liked by ethandolan, graysondolan, tessamurrie and 19,488 others

jennabooo5 Shouldn't have let go 🤷🏻‍♀️
Tagged: ethandolan

View all 724 comments

ethandolan mistakes 😋
jornychristine boo, what's happening? 😰
username1 umm Jonah?
username2 I like this couple better 😊

47 minutes ago

(I spent too much time on that lmaoo)

I looked at the picture then back at Jonah. I took a deep breath and slowly stood up. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed my purse. I walked over towards the door.

Jack: Kylie?

Kylie: I'll tell you what happens.

I left without saying another word. I got into my car and drove back home. Once I reached the house, I saw another car in the driveway. I stomped out of my car and into the house. I looked over into the kitchen and saw them. Jenna spun around as I closed the door.

Jenna: Where were you all night?

Kylie: Taking care of your broken half.

Jenna: My what?

Kylie: That's right, Jonah, I was up all night holding a bucket up to his mouth all night.

Jenna: Oh. Is he sick?

Kylie: Drunk.

Jenna: DRUNK?

Kylie: Because of you. He drinks his feelings away.

She looked up at Ethan who had his arms around her waist.

Jenna: Sit down, tell me what happened.

We all walked over to the living room and all sat down.

Kylie: So when he left the house, me and Jack were supposed to come back home but we saw his car and followed him. He went into a bar and drank a few glasses of whiskey. He was completely wasted. Couldn't even walk or talk right. He was almost throwing up all night. I stayed up with him. Then the next morning, he was balling his eyes out in the bathroom. And now I'm here to beat your ass.

She paused for a moment and looked over at Ethan who was confused at everything that was going on. Then he stood up.

Ethan: I should probably leave you guys to figure this out.

Jenna: Okay.

He walked out of the door without saying another word. I looked back at Jenna. Just by the look in her eyes, I could tell that she was thinking a lot.

Kylie: Just telling you much you can impact someone.

I stood up and rushed into my room. I gently closed the door and took a deep breath. I stood in front of my mirror and stared at my body. All of this stress wasn't good for the baby. I grabbed my phone and called Jack.

•call•

Jack: Hey Ky.

Kylie: Hey um, how Jonah?

Jack: He's quiet but better.

Kylie: Okay, I told Jenna about what happened. She's still processing everything.

Jack: Hopefully she comes back. What about Ethan?

Kylie: He was here when I came back. But then he left to let us deal with the situation.

He sighed.

Jack: Alright, how are you feeling?

Kylie: I don't know how to feel anymore. I feel angry yet happy, and pained but thankful. It's hard.

Corbyn: *in the background* THATS WHAT SHE SAID.

I giggled.

Kylie: Corbyn, Go back to Christina.

Jack: He says that's grammatically incorrect.

Kylie: Oh shut up Corbyn.

We all laughed.

Kylie: Alright babe, I gotta go. Bye.

Jack: Okay, Bye love you.

Kylie: Love you more.

Jack: Don't start this.

I giggled and ended the call. I threw my phone on my bed and went in to take a quick shower. I got out and walked into my cold bedroom. Jenna was sitting on my bed, eyes filled with tears.