Chapter Eight

"Blitzpaw, Blitzpaw are you listening?" Blitzpaw shook his head out of his daydream.
Hollypaw was prodding him in the shoulder, an annoyed expression on her face.
"Why'd you ignore me? You could've just told me you didn't want to listen."
"Whaa...huh?" Blitzpaw was still a little dazed.
"I can't believe you." Hollypaw flattened her ears against her head and padded away.
"Who took her rat?" Blitzpaw wondered.
Blitzpaw trotted over to a cluster of cats near Tanstar's den.
Lilypaw, Darkpaw and Blackthroat were all gathered in a small group.
"What do you think he'll say?" Blitzpaw heard Lilypaw whisper.
"What are you guys talking about?" He said while he layed down beside Lilypaw.
"Tarpaw." Darkpaw spat bitterly.
"I thought you guys were with Whitenose." Blitzpaw shuffled his paws.
"She's in Tanstar's den talking with him." Blackthroat's voice was on edge.
Blitzpaw could tell Blackthroat was worried what the outcome would be.
Springleaf padded around beside Blitzpaw, the scent of Oakpaw on her.
Blitzpaw just then remembered his younger brother.
"How's Oakpaw doing?" Blitzpaw sprung on her.
"He's getting much better." She said.
"He almost got over LeafWilt, which I'm very surprised. It's practically like Starclan healed him over the past sunrises. He should be out any day now." Springleaf said cheerfully.
Blitzpaw remembered how it was like when he was a kit.
He remembered soft fur beside him, Hollykit and Oakkit napping.
He also remembered how Springleaf became an apprentice right after they had been born.
Blitzpaw snapped back to reality and realized that Springleaf was talking to him.
"I'm sorry, what?" Springleaf rolled her eyes, and continued.
"Oakpaw will be all better by the next Gathering after this one." She finished.
Blitzpaw noticed Springleaf had a loving tone of voice.
Blitzpaw wondered if she had feelings for her apprentice.
He dismissed the thought and just turned back around to face the group of cats.
Lilypaw was staring at him, her blue eyes sparkling.
"Blitzpaw!" Pepperpaw called him.
" I gotta go, see ya." Blitzpaw dismissed himself and padded over to Pepperpaw.
"What's up?"
"I was hoping if you could talk to Hollypaw about how I'm cute? I don't know, just can you impress her, pointing out true things about me?" Pepperpaw asked pleadingly.
"Alright, but only if you promise to talk to Lilypaw about me, huh?" Blitzpaw asked.
"Deal." Pepperpaw said. Then, Blitzpaw padded over to Hollypaw, who was still hot about how Blitzpaw daydreamed while she was talking to him.
"What do you want?" She said coldly.
"This isn't about me, it's about Pepperpaw." Blitzpaw began.
Instantly, Hollypaw's face brightened up.
"I think Pepperpaw is really strong. He's a great friend and a great cat. I'm sure he'd be a purrfect father of someone's kits. Maybe even yours, if you can catch him."
Hollypaw raised her eyebrow.
"O......Kay.........?" She said.
Blitzpaw decided he should get some sleep and do a hunting patrol at dusk.
As he padded into the apprentices den, he noticed Willowpaw sitting down all alone in a corner.
"Are you, alright?" Blitzpaw asked weirdly.
He didn't know her too well and didn't know I shed be offended.
"I'm......okay, I guess." She replied quietly.
"How's it like, to be Hollypaw's full sister?" Blitzpaw asked politely.
"She's good once you get to know her. I'm still surprised she recognized Sparrowstone almost immediately. And it's like they picked up right where they left off, blazing mad at each other." She said.
"That's almost exactly like how she is with me." Blitzpaw smirked.
"Well, if I was her, I wouldn't be rude to you. You're quite handsome and you could get a lot of she cats to like you." Willowpaw complimented.
"T- thanks." Blitzpaw scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oakpaw tried to peep his head outside of the medicine cat den

It had been two sunrises since he told Tanstar what he wanted to be.
The night before, Oakpaw had the strangest dream.

A bright, blurry light blinded Oakpaw's gaze as he opened his eyes to actually see.
He started padding around, trying to figure out where he was.
Trees lined his path, some narrow looking like they could topple over at any minute, some sturdy and tall, looking like they were immovable.
The ground was mushy and wet, muck and dirt clinging to Oakpaw's feet with every step he took.
"Oakpaw." A soft voice echoed across the forest.
Oakpaw didn't know which way to go, 'cause it was pretty foggy.
Oakpaw sat down and waited for the voice to come nearer.
A mottled she cat approached through the barrier of mist.
"Greetings, Oakpaw." She said, in a voice like milk and honey.
"I am the leader that was  before Tanstar. Tanwhisker was a wonderful and adventurous deputy, who always knew what to do, even in sticky situations." She went on.
"Are you Silverstar?" Oakpaw asked curiously.
"Yes, young apprentice." She replied.
"But, that is not why I summoned you." She continued.
"You were destined for greatness, and you and your littermates are in grave danger. I'm afraid time has run out, but remember this and tell your littermates about this. Only at the right time." Those were her last words which echoed through Oakpaw's mind as he opened his eyes and got to his feet.
He felt lighter than a feather.
And he felt better than he had all day cycle. ( which is a month.) Oakpaw padded up to the entrance and peeped his head out.
He caught sight of Springleaf talking to Blackthroat about a thorn in his pad.
"Springleaf!" He called.
"I have to talk to you!"