Chapter Ten

Pepperpaw sighed, his mind still whirling with all the sights that had just previously occurred.
Padding out beside Blitzpaw while the camp was being invaded, and flinging himself into the most experienced warrior in Squirrelclan other than Birdstar himself.
Pepperpaw hung himself onto his nest, exhausted from the rush of adrenaline that had overcome him in the battle.
Hollypaw bounded over to him, her pelt matted with blood, but it wasn't hers Pepperpaw sensed.
"Wanna come with me to wash?" Her eyes gleaned.
Pepperpaw was exhausted, but he didn't want to lose a chance to get in good with her.
He reluctantly agreed, careful to hide his resentment.
She bounced away, her pelt gleaming.
Pepperpaw overcame his tiredness, and as he caught his second wind, he sprinted past Hollypaw and sat down by the lake, it beaming with a silver surface as it reflected the moonlight.
Hollypaw stopped short by Pepperpaw and sat down.
"Beautiful night, isn't it?" She smiled.
"Yes, yes i-it is." Pepperpaw stammered.
(I think he has a serious stammering problem. XD.)
Hollypaw hesitated, but curled up next to Pepperpaw, purring this time.
Pepperpaw wasn't sure, because last time didn't end too well.
He accidentally let out a cracked purr.
Hollypaw looked up at him out of the corner of her eye.
She smiled, and nestled closer to Pepperpaw.
He breathed a sigh of relief and started full on purring.
He heard a rustling in the bushes and quickly stepped away from Hollypaw, making her fall on the ground.
She looked at him with a scowl on her face but then heard the second rustling and realized what he was doing.
She turned around, an annoyed look spread on her face as she saw Tarpaw wandering around.
He stopped when he saw them, wide eyed and open mouthed.
Tarpaw growled when he glanced at Pepperpaw sitting there staring at him.
Tarpaw stalked near Hollypaw and Pepperpaw, a wide and mischievous smile spread across his face.
"Well, well, well," he began.
"Two lovebirds blossoming in a flower of romance, hmm?"
He lifted Hollypaws chin with his tail, making her stare up at him.
He dropped her head so suddenly that she ended up with her chin in the dirt.
Tarpaw smiled gleefully at Pepperpaw and whispered "Back off, flee brain."
"I didn't do anything, you're the one who dropped your crush in the dirt." Pepperpaw hissed.
Tarpaw widened his eyes in dismay.
"Don't treat your future leader like that, ever."
"Where? I don't see anything worth being the next leader here." Pepperpaw spat.
"You little -----"
"Watch your words!" Pepperpaw smiled.
"You're talking to the current closest one to your so-called crush and the deputy's son. Chew on that, mange pelt." Pepperpaw clawed the dirt and padded back over to Hollypaw.
Tarpaw was so fed up he decided to stalk quietly over to Pepperpaw and strike his cheek when he wasn't looking.
Hollypaw dashed away to get Tanstar while Tarpaw relentlessly kept batting at Pepperpaw.
Pepperpaw put in a few strikes at Tarpaw, each one landing in one, swift, blow.
When the other cats eventually came, it was clear who was the attacker.
Pepperpaw was landing strikes to knock Tarpaw away while Tarpaw kept leaping at him.
Tanstar lunged forward with great forces and expertly thundered into Tarpaw and knocking the breath out of him.
Tarpaw, stunned by the leaders swift movements, tried to dash away, but Tanstar kept batting Tarpaws efforts to escape with his hard, concentrated blows.
"Please, d- don't...........spare m- me!" He gasped.
"Why should he? After all, you're not fit for a warrior, or even an apprentice!" Thunderclaw bellowed.
Tarpaw shrunk back in fright.
Tarpaw made up his mind, and shrunk under Tanstar's body.
Once he was free, Tarpaw let out an annoyed hiss and slinked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ugh, it's too early!" Oakpaw mumbled and shut his eyes again

"Oakpaw!" Springleaf stuck a claw firmly into his leg.
Oakpaw's eyes shot open.
"Why'd you do that?" He hissed.
"You asked for it. I know you didn't get a lot of sleep last night, because Squirrelclan invaded, but we've got a lot of wounds to dress." She said firmly.
"Do you even know what you're saying? The battle was two nights ago. At least you were right at one thing." Oakpaw started to his paws.
"What's that?" Springleaf stopped him.
"You said I didn't get a lot of sleep. I didn't. You know why? Because someone kept rustling around and didn't let me sleep!!" Oakpaw glared at Springleaf.
"I guess I might not have slept a whole lot last night." She said, guiltily looking down at her paws.
Oakpaw shuffled over to the pool at the back of the bramble covered den.
He grabbed some spare moss and dipped it in the pool, shaking off some water that got on his nose.
Springleaf went right to work.
She walked over to the herb storage.
Springleaf grabbed some horsetail and set it over by Oakpaw.
"Eat these. They'll help you sleep better." She yawned.
"Uhh, that's horsetail. Poppy seeds help sleep." Oakpaw tilted his head, unsure what to do.
Springleaf padded over to the herb storage, once again, grabbed poppy seeds, and put them next to Oakpaw.
"I don't need that much sleep. I think you should rest and I'll see to the warriors' wounds.
"Alright, fine." She grumbled while settling in to her nest.
Oakpaw padded out of the medicine den, looked around and saw Thunderclaw with a hideous scar on his shoulder.

"Thunderclaw, I need to dress your shoulder wound." Oakpaw called, then added "Please."
"Again?" Thunderclaw muttered under his breath.
"Yes, again." Oakpaw tried to amuse the deputy but it didn't really work.
Oakpaw had Thunderclaw lay down in one of the spare nests while he sniffed at his shoulder.
Oakpaw smelled yarrow and some other herbs in the rotting cobweb sack that had been placed there the day before.
"So, uh, what is going on, here, in the medicine den?" Thunderclaw asked awkwardly.
"I don't get to see the other apprentices a whole lot." Oakpaw stated flatly.
"Its just herbs, herbs, herbs! Never any training." Oakpaw turned away from the deputy after putting on a new cobweb casing with herbs.
"You can go now." Oakpaw tried to keep his cool, but he boiled over.
Oakpaw realized how harsh he'd been and turned to Thunderclaw once again.
"I'm so sorry Thunderclaw, I'm just really mad at someone else." He stammered.
"It's okay. Unfortunately, we all do that, even me. Just sometimes you need privacy, besides, I'm not really hurt you said that. It merely affects me, I mean, your only an apprentice and you're blind, therefore you're not a threat to me." Thunderclaw stalked away, looking rather tough than the soft knowing deputy Oakpaw had seen when Thunderclaw was around Pepperpaw.
Oakpaw curled up in his moss bed, ready for a nice, long, nap.
"Oakpaw!" Lionclaw shoved his way inside.
"What?!" Oakpaw could sense the urgency in Lionclaw's voice.
"Something happened with Hollypaw, come quick!"

(Alright, so I'm working on something pretty big and I will be working a lot.
This means it's going to be longer than a normal chapter and I need to come up with a plot twist.
Alright, this is IMPORTANT, so listen up.
I'm releasing a chapter that will be SUPER long, so I hope you're not too mad about me not updating my book on a regular basis.
I also want to conclude that you guys can speak your minds but I do suggest that if you include negativity, please put in something you enjoyed.
I hope people will be inspired to write more stories like this and people enjoying this series is my goal.
Peace out.