Epilogue

Tempest lives in a small cabin nestled among towering bluffs along the shores of the swirling ocean.

Everyday she hikes up the cliff high above the stormy ocean waves, and everyday she sits at the edge of the cliff to watch the sun rise high above the beautiful swirling ocean waves.

Today was no different. She hiked up the bluff, bare feet slipping in the soft sand as she pushed her way up onto the solid rock of the cliff. She sat down and scooted towards the edge until her legs dangled over. She peered past her feet swinging in the breeze into the dark waters below. Her stomach still heaved at the image of her plunging over the edge and smashing into the water below, but she was no longer afraid that something would nudge her over.

She leaned further over until her fingers could brush her toes, before she pulled back and curled her knees to her chest, the warm breeze playing with her hair. She smiled as she gazed out over the lightening waters. The sky was painted with an array of dark oranges and vibrant pinks, streaks of sky blue peeking through.

Why did she still do this? She did it to prove that she was strong and that she had begun to make peace with the past that had haunted her for so long. This did not rule over her. Yes, there were still bad days, even a few bad weeks, but she could now she the light at the end of the tunnel whenever the darkness seemed too overwhelming. She was at peace and she knew that she was strong. She shook her head as the wind played with her hair.

She was strong, and this did not rule over her.