8. New Identity

"What's your name?"

"Lysander."

"Lysander what?"

The werewolf rolled his eyes. "Lysander Starveling." It was Rami's idea. Lysander did not know his original last name, so Rami blurted out that his last name should be Starveling, just like Robin Starveling from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, which also had a character named Lysander.

"Age?"

"22."

"Major?"

"History."

"Alright. I think we're good." Rami gave us the thumbs up.

We are parked outside of our college, all three of us. Over the weekend, we have given Lysander a new look. Instead of having black hair, we dyed his hair light brown. We gave him round glasses and nerdy outfits for the rest of his disguise. To be honest, he would make a pretty damn attractive nerd. As for the 'major' part, we figured Lysander knew a lot about historical events, so we just said his major would be history, if anyone asks. Since he will be in campus and has a high chance of interacting with other students and professors, he needs to know answers to their questions, just in case they ask him anything.

He won't be taking classes, since we're in the middle of a semester right now, he cannot register for any classes. The only thing he can do is stay in the library while Rami and I are in classes. But we must keep an eye on him as much as we can. We were thinking of just letting him stay in the house, but that would be the same as locking him in Silverstein. I don't want to put him in a cage. He's not an experiment to me.

"One last thing, if you need to tell us anything, in case of emergency, text us or call us." I handed him my old phone. Eva, being an amazing technology master, was able to fix it and I just needed to pay for a service to make it work again. "You do know how to use a phone, right?"

He glanced at it and shook his head.

Rami chuckled. "What a grampa." His amusement didn't stay for long after Lysander gave him a glare.

"Okay, I guess." This will be hard. "Just press this button, then this telephone icon. You only have 4 contacts. Me, Eva, Rami and Doctor Rai. Whoever you want to talk to, just press their names, then this circle to send a message, or the telephone circle to call them. Cool?" Lysander nodded. "Alright. Let's go."

***

As soon as we started walking towards the main entrance of the campus, we were greeted by Spooky from our Physics class.

"Yo! It's my boy Rami and my darling Drew!" He gave both of us fist pumps. "So, did y'all see that new episode of Game of Thrones? Because damn. I feel like my heart's been shredded."

"Spoil anything and I will never talk to you." Rami squinted his eyes. "I missed the episode because I was busy... taking care of a puppy."

Rami and I giggled while Lysander crossed his arms. Spooky shrugged and finally acknowledged Lysander, sending him a big friendly smile. "Hello there! I'm Ezra!"

Lysander growled at him and suddenly pushed me at his side, with his left arm going around my waist.

"What are you doing?" I hissed quietly at Lysander while at the same time smiling awkwardly at Spooky.

Rami's eyes are widened as he gaped at the werewolf, then back to Spooky. "That's Lysander." Rami introduces nervously. "He's not very good at meeting new people, as you can see. He just moved here recently and only warmed up to me and Drew. But yeah. We should probably go to class, look at that time! Whew!"