35. The Centurion

Everything happened all at once. An explosion in the middle of the field, a few feet from where Rami and I are. Soldiers screamed around me. I couldn't see clearly as smoke from the explosion and dirt from the ground clouded my vision. I could barely see shadows and dark figures around me, running and crashing against each other, launching, attacking, shooting, ripping each other up. I didn't know what was happening or what caused the explosion. A pair of arms had grabbed me and I felt the familiar wind running against me before I was moved to a different place.

I was put inside the base, in the same dead end we were the other day. I turned to the person who carried me and gasped with surprise to see the vampire who was supposed to be with Eva and Nina. "Eleanor! How are you here?" I asked with my mouth dropped, my heart racing. "Did you - What the hell - What - "

"I know." The redhead flipped her hair over her shoulders. "I would have arrived sooner but there was this cute waitress on the way and I was distracted. Also, Ulysses' clan was late. We had a set time and place to meet up but they were late anyway. But it's okay because there's a lot of them. More vampires to help." Just then, three more people joined us. A long blonde haired vampire dressed like a lumberjack, a smiling yet low-energized vampire and the alive boy with glasses.

"Dude. I'm The Boy Who Lived."

"Oh my god." I jumped in Rami's arms, crying in happiness. "How did you know you weren't going to die?"

"I didn't."

"Holy shit." I had to lean on the wall for support as I steadied my breathing. "Okay what the hell is happening?"

Ulysses let go of Idris' arm, letting the tired vampire stand on his own. "Clans gathered together to save a friend." Idris. They came for Idris. A few vampire clans are here. That means Idris' clan is here. His friends from the east, Ulysses' clan. Those scary asshole vampires are here and they are on our side. What the hell. Holy shit. Is this even real? Did I die already?

"Now, I believe there is someone who wants to talk." Eleanor walked over to me and Rami, handing us each a bluetooth earpiece. "She had me stole these from her job's storage." The vampire boasted.

I put the object in my ear, as did Rami, and we both jumped at the loud screaming in the other line. "Can you hear?! Are you there? Is it working? Are you alive? Eleanor, they better be alive or I'm going to kill you myself!"

"Old lady, relax. We're here." Rami replied with a cheeky smile. "You're an earful techie but you're the best, I hope you know that."

"We'll talk later. Right now, we have a werewolf to save. I broke connection and was kicked out of the system last time. But I did some digging with the system after that and saw that they have a hidden building. It isn't exactly Area 51, but an extension of it, known as The Centurion. At the last hall, on the right, that looks like a dead end but there should be some sort of passage. Try checking the floors because I think they're tunnels or something."

"I'm going to go outside in the battlefield." Eleanor declared as we began walking to where Eva instructed us. "I'm going to help out my fellow vampire friends in fighting the humans - and maybe even get a snack. Those hunters have pissed me off so much. I'm going to get a bite. And Idris, I know you don't want to put our clan in danger but you're our leader. A family. If they take one of us, we will come for them. Now go and get that damn werewolf and get this over with. I promised Evandra I will get you all back in time for the wedding."Idris gave her a brief nod before she sprinted out of the building.

I can only imagine what it's like outside. A warzone of immortals and mortals.

***