33. Starry Night

RAMI

***

"If you get stab, or shot, or whatever, one more time, I'm going to kill you myself."

"How thoughtful of you."

I ignored the sarcastic vampire in the backseat while digging through my backpack. I threw him a shirt, hitting him in the face. His red eyes studied the clothing before giving me a confused, slightly disgusted expression. "What is this?"

"Your shirt is covered with blood and it's gross. You need to change."

"You expect me to wear this?" He pinched the shirt, grimacing. "It's horrible. Yellow is not my color."

Holy matter of galaxies, this man is unbelievable. I pulled out another shirt from my backpack and tossed it to him. The picky boy dropped the plain yellow shirt and tilted his head while eyeing the black shirt. "I suppose this will do." He swiftly removed his shirt and put on the black tee shirt that looked slightly too tight on him. We have similar, slim figure, although the vampire had a little more muscles than me. Just a little. "But, I refuse to be undressed." He wore his blazer over the black shirt. He then jumped back to the passenger side and gave me a smile.

It's hot as hell in The Great Basin desert, and this man wants to wear nothing but black, underneath more black.

"I just can't with you." I sigh, starting the viper car. I let the fresh air of the car cool us off for a few seconds before driving back on the road. "So, where do we go now?"

The vampire stuck his head out the window, despite the strong sunlight hitting his face. He still haven't taken his vampire skin medicine. "The desert is quite massive" He began, running a hand through his hair. "And they could be miles away and it's hard to catch their scent if they are really far."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "So, you don't know."

"I didn't say that."

"So you know where to go?"

"I didn't say that, either."

This is going to be a long, long afternoon.

***

ANDROMEDA

***

I have come to a decision that I am going to get the hell out of here. Instead of the werewolf taking me away, I am going to be the one dragging his ass back home. How am I going to do that? I don't know. Though, the sleeping pills I found in the medicine cabinet of the kitchen is a start. Maybe he could fall asleep and I will run to find a car, then come back and pick him up then we drive back to California.

After crushing the sleeping drugs into powder, I mixed it with water on glass. I hope this works. I returned to the other room to find the werewolf sitting by the lounge. I paused on entering the room when I caught him clutching on his forehead and hissing as if in pain. I am only seeing his side profile, but I could clearly see how much pain he's feeling. I could almost feel it. I wanted to pull him in my arms and hold him and tell him that he's going to be okay, but I had to remind myself. This man in front of me is not Lysander. This is 17, the experimented man who killed a vampire.

Yet, I can't help but feel worried for him.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly, coming closer to him. I almost dropped the glass of water I'm holding when he slammed his fists on the table in front of him, almost breaking it in the process. The werewolf shook his head in response, which only makes me want to cry. Those assholes really did a number on him. I sat on the other seat, set the glass of water on the table and picked up the food he brought for me earlier. My eyes ran over him and saw that he had put on military pants to cover up half of his nakedness. "What did they do to you?" Words spilled from my mouth before I could stop them.