28. Alliance

Andromeda

***

The first thing I did when we returned in the wolf cave is take a much needed cold shower. None of us spoke during the trip back, silently agreeing that we all discuss what happened and what will happen after we are rested. I sat on that bathtub, closed my eyes and cried at the fact that I made it out of there alive, all thanks to Rami and Idris. I was honestly thinking that was how I was going to go down.

Afterwards, I caught my two saviors in the living room arguing about something. Rami is frowning down upon the vampire, who is sprawled on the couch, staring back at him with disbelief. "What's up?" I asked curiously, sitting on a stool by the kitchen. One out of four stool remains after the intruders crashed the house. Rami kindly prepared me a meal: microwaved spaghetti. Bless his heart.

"He thinks," Rami pointed a finger at Idris with betrayal in his eyes. "that the best part of the Oreo are the actual cookies."

I gasped loudly, sharing my friend's betraying stare. "What kind of monster..."

Idris rolled his eyes and stood up to face us. "Speaking of monsters, I need a drink."

"Oh, lucky for you I have one more stocked in my room." Rami informed.

"Ah, good. Will you please get me one?"

Rami nodded and began walking towards the second hall, in his room. "Sure. But I still don't like you."

Soon after he disappears in sight, the vampire suddenly flashed in front of me. I raised a brow at him, wanting to ask what's up with him and Rami, though it didn't look like he wants to talk about it. His eyes have turned light red, like rose-colored.

"I need a drink." He whispered urgently. "Blood."

My eyes widened. "Oh! Um..." I fiddled with my fingers nervously. I rolled up my black long sleeve. "Here, I guess." I offered him my wrist, already imagining the pain of his fangs piercing through my skin, just as that one bloodlusting vampire did before.

Idris gently brought my arm down away from him. "Hell no." I glared at him, feeling a bit offended. "No offense darling, but your blood's changed. Your mate has implanted himself in you - and I don't just mean that literally."

I put a hand around my neck and looked at my wrist anxiously, suddenly feeling wary of my body. "What do you mean?" Is there something wrong with me? What did he mean Lysander implanted himself in me and my blood changed? I swear, if he is saying that I'm pregnant or some sort of bullshit, I am going to be one mad scientist. We've been using protection. "I'm about to be on Shark Week in like a few days. I can feel the stomach cramps already." I shared defensively.

"What's Shark Week?" Idris tilted his head. "Oh, it doesn't matter. It's nothing you should worry about, what I said. It's just, when a werewolf mates with their mate, a stronger connection forms between them. A bond. Not in a sense of you're more in love or anything, but I'm talking actual connections. A part of him in you. I don't know how to explain it clearly as I'm not a werewolf. I've only learned this from eavesdropping and observing werewolves back in the days. But anyway, my point is, he will know if I feed on you and I really don't want be in the only living werewolf's hit list. Also, the werewolf's scent is strong on you and it smells awful. I can't."

"Oh." I let out a long sigh of relief. "Well, what about Rami?"

"Oh. No." He smiles sheepishly. "He wouldn't... I wouldn't..." He shakes his head and cleared his throat.