Broken Human

"I was right...now that I'm human, I can't help anybody. Not that I could've helped anyone before when I was stuck in Heaven." Signe muttered bitterly under her breath as she dejectedly walked away from Sean's house.

She immediately froze when she heard him yell.

"Sean!" Signe shouted back before running back inside the house and into his recording room.

He was sitting at his desk in his green chair with headphones covering his ears in front of the same screen he was at when she first met him, his eyes glancing over at her when she entered.

"What do you want?" Sean snapped impatiently as he took his headphones off and tossed them onto the desk before standing up from his chair and turning around to glare at her.

"I-I heard you scream, so...." Signe trailed off, at a loss of words.

"Leave." Sean demanded coldly, taking a threatening step toward her.

"Sean-"

"Go the fuck away! You. Can't. Help. Me." Sean snarled, pushing her closer to the door with each word he spat in her face until she was out of the room, her back pressed against the hallway in fear.

Signe opened her mouth to protest, but decided against it after seeing his anger. She reluctantly trudged out of the house once more, daring to look back one last time before continuing forward.

She walked back to the bench she had sat at before that was in the park, her eyes sparkling with tears as she slumped down onto the bench in defeat.

"What's wrong with Sean?" She whispered aloud to herself.

"I guess a better question would be what's wrong with me." She laughed weakly, a tear escaping from her eye and trailing down her cheek to drip onto the grass.

The sky was still a light gray color that threatened to release rain on Signe again, the sun partially visible now past the angry storm clouds.

"Signe, we found something!" PJ announced happily as he appeared in front of her with Robin by her side.

"What's up?" She prompted, quickly wiping her eyes to get rid of any trace of her sadness.

"If you go back to where you landed, your grace should be nearby." Robin informed her.

"How do I find it?" Signe frowned.

"Follow us, we can sense your grace." PJ assured her, taking off at a brisk walk towards the street where she had landed.

She was surprised to see the crater she left no longer there, flowers sprouted along the sidewalk.

"This is where your grace should be." Robin told her, gesturing around him.

"How can you tell?" Signe asked.

"Your grace creates life and does no damage. Besides, I'm pretty sure the flowers are new." PJ remarked.

"But how do I get it?" Signe asked.

"I believe it's under the road where you fell." PJ stated grimly.

"Which brings me back to my previous question." Signe sighed.

"There's a way, it'll just be hard with humans around. Wait until night then use like a sledgehammer or something, that should work." Robin suggested.

"Ok." Signe nodded.

With that, her friends disappeared without a trace, leaving her standing alone on the sidewalk.

"I guess I'll wait until then." Signe shrugged, finding a friendly looking building nearby and walked inside.

She could smell some sort of delicious scent in the air that made her mouth water, the smell emanating from whatever was in the mugs other people had in their hands.

"Hey there pretty lady, I'll cover your drink." A bald man with large muscles covered in tattoos offered, leading her over to a table in the corner of the room before calling a man with an apron over.

"I'll have a black coffee with a shot of espresso, what about you?" The man turned to face Signe.

"Uh-um..." Signe trailed off as her eyes quickly scanned the list of options above the counter.

"I'll have a chai tea please." Signe finished slowly.

"Coming right up." The person nodded before walking off.

"So, how long have you lived here?" The man asked Signe, his eyes gleaming in a way that made Signe feel uncomfortable.

"I, um, I'm new to the area." Signe admitted.

She barely listened to his response as she looked out the window, wishing that she could just get her grace and leave Earth for good.

"...what do you think?"

Signe snapped out of her day dreams and looked back at the man.

"Sir-"

"Please, call me Jacob." He cut her off.

"Look Jacob, I-"

"Here are your drinks." The aproned man announced as he returned with two mugs, one that he handed to Signe and the other to Jacob.

"What's your name lovely lady?" Jacob asked as he took a sip of his drink.

"I'm Signe." She replied warily, unsure if her thoughts about Jacob as she tried her drink.

It was very hot, but also tasted delicious.

"Thank you for the drink, but I have to get going." Signe told Jacob as she abruptly stood up.

"We were just getting started!" Jacob protested.

"I'm sorry, but I have things I need to do." She apologized as she started walking off.

She was pulled to a stop when he grabbed her arm, his iron grip inescapable.

"You're not going anywhere." Jacob sneered.

Signe responded by punching him hard in the face.

He stumbled back in surprises his head snapped back, caught off guard by the sudden attack.

Without hesitation, Signe ran out of the shop and into the street, her heart racing as she glanced behind her to see Jacob standing on the sidewalk watching her with wide eyes.

She never noticed the car racing towards her.

Without warning, she felt something hard slam onto her side and send her flying forward down the street before she landed back down on the ground.

She skidded for a few feet before she fell still, her every feeling and thought clouded in unbearable pain.

She could faintly hear people shouting and gather around her, sirens becoming louder as they got closer.

She barely moved her head to look up, surprised to see Sean standing on the sidewalk with the other bystanders.

The last thing she saw before she passed out was Sean's eyes switching from blue to blood red, a malicious grin on his face as he left the crowd.