Survive

"What? How am I alive?"

Signe looked around to see herself in a sterile white room, the smell of cleaning products strong in the air.

She froze when she saw her own broken body lying on the hospital bed, her eyes closed as if she was peacefully sleeping instead of being halfway between life and death.

Signe watched her own body breath in and out, a small plastic mask covering her mouth and providing her with oxygen.

"Looks like you had a bad run in with traffic."

Signe turned around to see a woman with dark skin and black hair standing behind her, her gaze sympathetic.

"No no no, I can't die! I am-or was, an angel!" Signe pleaded frantically, eyes filled with desperation.

"I'm sorry Signe, I can't help you." The reaper shrugged apologetically.

"How do you know my name?" Signe frowned in confusion.

"It's my job to know everyone. The name's Billie by the way." The reaper introduced herself.

"I-is there any way to get back to my body?" Signe stammered hopefully.

"I'm afraid not. The doctors should be coming in soon." Billie informed her grimly.

"Well, this isn't what I had in mind, but I'll take it." Sean, or Crowley, smirked as they entered the room.

"I should have the Brighton team of angels out of the way soon so I can use the portal to get to Heaven and make it the new and improved Hell." Crowley muttered to himself as he perched himself on the end of Signe's bed.

"What do you mean? What did you do to my friends?!" Signe demanded furiously, storming away from Billie to stand in his face.

"With Robin dead and PJ trapped, I'll get what I want soon." Crowley continued, not noticing the angry ghost in front of him.

"Goodbye Signe." Crowley grinned, his eyes flashing red as he started to unhook her off of the life support system by tearing out her IV tube.

He abruptly stopped as his hand reached for her oxygen mask, his eyes glimmering with uncertainty before he pulled his hand away, letting it limply rest by his side.

"I'm so sorry." Crowley whispered, his eyes returning to Sean's sapphire blue color as he briskly walked out.

"Well surprise surprise, I think you're going to live. Bye angel girl." Billie remarked as Signe's ghost faded away.

Signe abruptly woke up with a gasp, her eyes snapping open and her mask rapidly fogging up as she took a few deep breaths to calm down.

"I'm glad to see you're awake, miss..."

The doctor trailed off as he entered the room, waiting for her to supply her name.

"Signe Hansen." Signe answered hesitantly.

"According to our records Miss Hansen, you died three years ago in a car crash." The doctor replied warily.

Before Signe could reply, Naomi appeared behind the doctor and touched a hand to the back of his head, knocking him out instantly.

Wordlessly she healed Signe before dragging her out of the hospital bed.

"Why are you here? What's going on?" Signe barraged Naomi with questions as she disappeared, shortly returning with Signe's clothes in hand.

"You're going to help me stop Crowley and find PJ." Naomi told her sternly.

"Is Robin really dead?" Signe asked softly, dreading the answer.

"No, but he got dangerously close. He's in Sweden right now recuperating." Naomi explained.

"Do you know how Crowley knew about us?" Signe questioned as she threw her clothes on over her hospital gown.

"Crowley tortured Robin for info about us, leaving him for dead to capture PJ." Naomi sighed in irritation.

"Now come on, we don't have time to waste." Naomi snapped impatiently as she stormed out of the room, Signe cautiously following behind her.