Chapter 2- Smart Girl

"Now listen, what you just witnessed are what are called Weeping Angels. But they aren't actually weeping. They cover their eyes so their companions won't be affected by one's vision", the man, The Doctor, explained as we continued to walk. We ended up walking through a park. I was so mesmerized by his speech I couldn't just walk away.

"And to answer your question about how I put the ones we encountered in their position, well, I'll have to show you sometime." He smiled as if thinking of my reaction to whatever he used.

I stuffed my hands into my pockets and pondered on what he was. He obviously wasn't human, but looked so much like one. What was he?

Before I could ask him, he stopped walking and brought out his device, scanning a light pole with it.

"Excuse me but, what are you doing?", I asked. He got down on his knees and scanned the base of the pole. "Figuring out where this radiation is coming from", he stopped scanning and stood up, stuffing his device back into his pocket.

"Radiation?", I touched the pole. Sure enough, I could feel it, too. "What kind of radiation? I can feel it, but I can't tell what it is."

He looked at me, eyes narrowed. "You can feel it?" He asked. I nodded.

He puts his hand on my forehead and asked me ",How smart are you?"

I grinned and said proudly ",Top of my class. Smartest valedictorian in the history of Harvard University".

He pulled his hand away. "You're kidding me. What's your major?"

"Astronomy and physics."

He smiled. "Then you should know some of the stuff I'm about to say".

He turned away and looked at the pole up and down. "It seems to be some sort of electromagnetic waves mixed with icy radiation. But what I don't understand is...", he took out his device again. "Why it's here on Earth."

While he was scanning it again, I looked around and felt the radiation coming from all the poles around us. In fact, it was coming from every pole in the park. Light, power lines, even the mansion across the street. The pillars had radiation in them.

I looked back at The Doctor, who was now standing and looking at me.

"Doctor, it's coming from every pole in the city."

His gaze began to study every vertical pillar in the area. I did the same.

We suddenly realized what it was. We faced each other and said,"Weeping Angel technology."

~~~~~~~~~~~>·<~~~~~~~~~~~>·<~~~~~

Chapter 2 complete! Thank you so much! Please share and vote!
Tori~😘