Chapter One - Capture

Pidge's POV

  I groaned. The mission was a bust. We had gone down to the planet without our lions so that we didn't draw attention to ourselves. But the mission had quickly gone downhill. 

   The Galra attacked the planet, and due to our poor planning - the planet was supposed to be peaceful! - we had to flee.

  The others made it out okay, but thanks to my stupid, short legs, I got caught. I was thrown into a cell in a facility on the planet we were on. It was damp, and there weren't any windows.

  A guard opened my cell door. 

  "Come on." He commanded gruffly, stepping in and grabbing my upper arm. 

  "Hey! Let go!" I shouted, trying to pull away from the furry, hyaena looking alien and failing miserably. "Fine." I conceded. "Where are you taking me?"

  The Galra didn't reply, just continued dragging me along. I looked around. None of the cells I saw had any bars, just doors. It was weird.

  At last, I reached... Whatever my destination was. I I was shoved through the door, a larger Galra grabbed me and strapped me to a table, despite my increasing struggling.

  "Where is the Castle of the Lions?" He asked gruffly.

  "Up your ass." I snarled.

  An electric shock shot up through the table, and I noticed that there was metal in the straps. I bit my lip to keep from screaming.

   "Where is the Castle of the Lions?" The Galra asked again.

   "Your mom." I hissed, bracing myself for the shock.

   "Where is the Castle of the Lions?" He repeated. I got the feeling that this wasn't going to be a short thing.

   I remained silent. The sock occurred yet again. I couldn't, hold back anymore. I let out a shriek of agony.

  It continued. Day after day. They would interrogate me. I would refuse to give them anything, sometimes by staying quiet and sometimes by screaming stupid songs. The Galra started physically hitting after a while.

  Then I was moved to a new cell. I guess that they finally realized that they weren't getting anywhere that way. Finally.

One Year Later

   I woke up to a lot of noise. There were sounds of gunfire and people shouting. I wanted to crawl to the door, but I didn't have the energy or strength.

  The door opened and light shone into the room.

  "Hey! There's someone in here! I don't think they can walk!" An unfamiliar but very un-Galra voice called out, the speaker looking behind their shoulder.

  "I can help support them," a second voice offered. "Help me out, would you?" 

  As I faded back into unconsciousness, I felt two humanoid arms supporting me.

  "Jeez, this guy's short!" Someone laughed.

  "Just help me get them out of here, kid." The second person sighed.