Chapter Three - I told you she was real!

Pidge's POV

   "Look!" One of the Galra hissed, pointing up into the sky.

   A shadow suddenly fell over us, and metal paws knocked the Galra away.

   "A giant... Lion?" Matt asked. I could picture the look of bewilderment on his face.

   "Green!" I exclaimed, struggling to get out of my brother's arms. "Let - go - of - me!" 

  Matt dropped me in surprise, and I hurried to Green's mouth.

   "Hey there, Green. I missed you, girl." I murmured softly, stroking her nose. 

   "That-that is an actual giant, green, robot space lion." Matt stuttered. "That thing nearly killed us!" 

  "I told you she was real!" I teased. "Come on, we need to get out of here. Green, if you would."

  I took a step back as Green crouched lower and opened her mouth.

   "Follow me." I called.

   "WAIT, WHAT?! THERE IS A GIANT, WHITE SPACECRAFT FLYING OVER THERE. AND MORE COLORFUL LIONS." Matt was freaking out. 

   "Yeah, Voltron. You two can wait here or get in. What's it gonna be?" I asked.

   "We'll go with you. It looks like the Galra are retreating." Dad said, pulling Matt along. 

   "Really? Great!" 

   We walked to the cockpit. Well, I hobbled. I felt Green rumble. 

  I have missed you, my cub. 

   "I missed you too, Green." I sat down in my seat as Dad and Matt grabbed something to hold on to.

  "Wait, are you talking to this thing?" Dad asked, his eyebrows furrowing the same way they would whenever he couldn't find a word in a crossword at home.

   "One, Green is a girl. Two, yes I am. It's a special bond we have. Now hold tight, because we haven't flown together in almost a year." I grinned. 

   The lights came on as I put my hands on the controls. Immediately, the other Paladins' voices came through the com.

   "-ind Green. If she's here, then she might be too!" Lance was saying. 

   I flew up into their line of vision. "Who might be here?" I asked sarcastically.

   "Pidge!" The others yelled in relief. 

   "Okay, if you're here, then we can finally form Voltron!" Shiro commanded. 

   As Voltron formed, I looked back behind me at my family. They were looking at me in surprise. I cut off the com microphone on my end.

   "Pidge?" Matt asked, his eyes wide. "As in, my Pidge? My little sister? Katie?"

   "What other Pidge exists?" I responded, a smile covering my face. 

   "Hey! Gremlin, are you even listening?" Lance yelled over the coms. 

   I turned the mic back on. "Sorry, what was that?"

   "Oh well. We missed you, buddy."