Chapter Four - Back

Pidge's POV

  "Katie... Why didn't you say anything?" Dad asked as Green landed in her hanger. 

   "Well, it wasn't exactly time for a reunion when I realized. The Galra attacked." I said sheepishly. 

   Suddenly, I was draped in a hug, with my dad and brother. "I missed you, so much." I sobbed, not bothering to wipe tears from my eyes. 

  "Oh Katie... It'll be okay. Once this war is over, we can go home. We'll be okay." Dad rubbed my back soothingly. "But first, how the hell did you get in space?"

   "Um... Space lions? It's complicated." Matt laughed at my reply.

   "Hey! Pidge, you in there?" Hunk called from outside Green.

   "Yeah, give me a tick." I got up to walk, but fell almost at once. "Stupid leg." I growled.

  "I'll help you." Matt squatted down, and I got on his back, piggy back style. 

  He carried me out of Green, with Dad right behind us. 

  "Hi, Hunk." I smiled over Matt's shoulder. 

   "Pidge! Are you okay? Who are they?" Hunk asked, looking concerned.

   "My family. And I'm fine, I just have a robot leg." I replied. "I'll introduce everyone in a minute."

  We made our way to the lounge.

  "Set me down." I said to Matt outside the room. He complied, and Hunk studied me. "Okay, let's go."

  Hunk and I entered the room first. 

  "Pidge! Are you alright?" Allura exclaimed. "What happened to your leg!"

   "I lost it. I'm fine, really." I repeated, sick of saying that. Matt and Dad stood behind us.

   "Matt?" Shiro asked, his eyes wide and hopeful.

   "Shiro!" Matt practically flew across the room into Shiro's arms. 

   "Matt! Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" He inquired, worry all over his face.

  "No no, I'm fine. Did they hurt you?"

   "Who cares?"

  "I do!"

  They embraced.

   Hunk and I shared a look. Gross.

   "Ahem." Princess Allura coughed gently. "Pidge, who are these two?"

   "That's Matt, my brother, and this is my dad." I explained.

   "Samuel Holt. It's nice to meet you, miss." Dad said politely.

   "I am Princess Allura of Altea. It's nice to meet you as well, Mr. Holt." Allura replied, very princess like in manner.

   "I'm Lance."

   "My name's Hunk."

   "Keith."

   "Commander Holt, it's good to see you again." Shiro said, somewhat stiffly.

   "Shiro, I've told you to call me Sam at least a million times." My dad reprimanded lightly, then added more softly, "It's good to see you as well, son."

 All that was left was to win this war and go home to Mom.