Chp.3 Seperate Paths

~Rin~
It's been a few weeks and it had been chaotic. She was at the Clark's house before military burst through their home and took Nick because he had drugs on him. Once they were gone, Madison begged her to get him back but she was to confused and shocked on what happened. Rin looked over at Alicia to see pleading in her eyes. Rin nodded her head before taking off.

She arrived at the hospital and immediately went to the person in charge to demand what was going on which he happily told her. She seethed in anger because they were keeping people in cages. She then immediately went to the cages and freed everyone. Right as she did that the alarm went off. Signaling that something happened. She cursed underneath her breath. Everyone that she freed were scurrying away. She got to the last cage. When she did, she recognized the person but she didn't recognize the other. It was Nick. When Nick saw her, he was surprisingly happy even though he didn't know her name.

"You're the one that's freeing everyone?" He asked as he grabbed the bars.

She took the keys and unlocked the door. "Who else would it be?" She said before eyeing the man next to Nick.

"I don't know, someone in shinning armor. Oh this is Strand by the way." He said with a smile that made Rin rolled her eyes.

"Victor Strand." He said with a smile on his face.

She nodded her head. C'mon, we need to get going." She said as she ushered him to get moving.

"Yes, sir!" Nick said mockingly which earned him a glare from her.

They ran towards the door that everyone exited out of. She looked around the hallway to see no one around. She rammed through the door to see two people on the floor with one person kneeling over a body. The one near them was an army soldier, leaning against the railing. That soldier grumbled as blood came out of his mouth. She pulled her knife out and slowly walked towards the soldier. He looked up when she kneeled in front of him. He tried talking but she shushed him.

"Farewell. You fought well." She said right before she thrust her knife into his head.

"What the fuck dude? Why'd you do that? He could've been saved." Nick said.

"Lower your voice. There's one in here." She whispered as she jumped over the railing, landing smoothly on the floor.

She took a stepped forward before leaping over the second railing and landing on the floor right behind the infected. She slowly crept forward before sinking her knife into its head. It landed on its right side with flesh in its mouth and hands. She looked down at the army soldier. His intestines laying out on the floor. The man looked at her with pleading eyes. She knew what he want so she nodded her head before she plunged her knife into his head.

"Rest now." She mumbled before she stood up.

They heard banging on the glass that made them turn their heads towards it. Infected were ponding on the glass door. The glass started to break.

"Shit." Rin stood up quickly and jumped over the two railings. "Run. Go." She said as she start shoving him towards the door.

He quickly open the door and started running. Rin closed their door behind her and locked it. She ran after Nick and Strand. She was close behind him as they ran through the hallway. They made it outside but she stopped when she heard Travis voice and gunshots.

"Fuck." She cursed underneath her breath.

"What you doing? C'mon let's go!" Nick said when he notice that she stopped running.

"Go. I think your family is here."

"But what about you? There's nothing left here to do." Nick said.