Chp.10 Dead Flowers

~Rin~
They arrived at this oil holding place, well, what's left of it. Rin look around for any sign of the dead. She only notice five and she took care of it with ease. She notice a white flag on top of one of the oil containers. The white flagged was marked with a number. She heard Madison talking to this Naomi lady. She headed up the stairs to see what was going on. Alicia and Charlie were at the vehicle waiting for them. When she arrived at the top, she notice that Madison was trying to convince Naomi not to do something.

"Hey, it time to go. Alicia and Charlie are waiting by the car." She says as she approaches them and stood on Madisons left.

Rin glance down at the floor and notice that it seemed really unstable. She felt the ground beneath them start to break. She grab Madison and pushed her back. Madison stumbled down onto her bottom right before the floor beneath them broke. Rin and Naomi fell through the hole.

Rin landed on her back but she landed on something else that broke her fall. At first she was shocked but then she quickly got up and drew her katana. But there was one problem, she could barely see anything. She had oil in her eyes but it wasn't a lot. She tried to rub it out with the collar of her shirt but she was interrupted when she heard growls and something grabbing her arm. She instantly turned around and slice the infected head off. But her movements were slow due to the oil surrounding her body.

She killed a few more infected before she felt her body being pulled away. Her body burst out of a hole that was made from the side. She rolled across the ground but once she stopped an infected instantly grab on to her but she thrust her blade through its skull. It laid on top of her as she took deep breaths. She push it off of her as she sat up.

"Rin!" Alicia rushes over and kneeled besides her. 

Rin eyes were still closed. "Alicia I can't see anything."

"Here." Alicia brought her sleeve up to Rin eyes and wipe the oil off of her eyes. "Are you okay? We heard something crash and my mom yelling so we rushed over." She says with worry.

Rin nodded her head. "I will be, once I take a shower and get a change of clothes." She says once Alicia brought her sleeve away and she can see better.

Alicia helped her up and they all walked back to the car. As they sat in the car with Madison driving them back to their camp in total silence. The only sound was the car. When they got back to the baseball field, Rin headed straight towards the showers once she got a new pair of clothes.

She stood under the water and looked down at herself. She notice all of the scars. The old and the new. Her scars brought back so many memories that she doesn't want to reminisce about. She quickly turned the water off and got out.

She dried herself off and put on comfortable clothes. Which consisted of sweat pants and an oversized shirt. She comb through her hair before she exited out of the shower room. She walked back to the room she shared with Alicia. When entering she saw Alicia sitting in the bed reading a book. Alicia looked up from her book when Rin enter the room. Rin closed the door behind her as she set her clothes in a bag.

"Feel better?" Alicia asks as she watch her every move.

Rin nods her head as she made her way towards the bed. "Yea." She mumbled as she laid down on the bed.

Alicia closed her book and place it on the night stand that was on Rins side. She laid down on her side, facing Rin. She stared in her blue eyes that seem so dull. They've change so much since the last time she saw them. Her eyes then made her way down to that scar on her chin. Rin moved closer to Alicia, placing her head on her chest as she wraps her arms around her waist. Alicia slowly wrap her arms around her shoulders.