Chp. 4 Trouble in the Sea

~Rin~
Alicia looked out at the sea. Hearing the sea waves. The boat moving so the wind was hitting her but not to hard. She sighed as she brought the blanket close to her body. The blue of the sea reminded her of Rin eyes. The view before her was beautiful. She wished that Rin was here with her to see it. She didn't realize how much she missed Rin. She didn't notice that she had this effect on her. She was so use to having her around.

The door in front of here slide open to reveal her mother walking out. Her mother sat down next to her. They sat in silence as they looked out of the sea. Until Alicia broke the silence.

"I miss her mom."

"I know sweetie, so do I." Madison said hugging her with her left arm.

Alicia leaned into her embrace by laying her head on her mother left shoulder. "I just don't know why she didn't tell me that it was her under that mask."

Madison looked down at her. "She has her reasons to."

Alicia shot her head up from her mother shoulder to look at her. "Wait. You knew it was her? This whole time and you didn't tell me!" She yelled.

"Alicia. She asked me to not tell anyone who she was. For reason I don't know. But whatever it is, we'll find her and she'll explain to us why she did what she did." She place a hand on Alicia right arm. "For now we're heading to a safe place in Mexico. Strand says that he knows a place."

Alicia sat there in silence. "I wish there was a way to communicate with her." She mumbled.

"I do to. One day we'll meet up with her." Madison says as Alicia nods her head.

Rin continued down the road for at least a day, almost another. Only stopping to use the restroom or to fill the truck up with gas. She was was close to the sea by the docks. She notice a huge boat that was at the dock. It didn't look like a cruise ship or anything. She pulled over at a gas station. She got out and started seeing if any of the pumps worked. The others got out to stretch their limbs. Austin and Jake went into the gas stations to get left over food and drinks. Adam was watching for any sign of the dead. Sarah was cleaning Johns wound. He hasn't gotten any better since the incident. Which she was surprised that he hasn't changed it. She'll just have to keep an eye out. The passenger door open then closed. She heard footsteps approached her. All of the pumps didn't work. She cursed underneath her breath.

"What are we going to do? We can't just keep driving around. We have to find somewhere to huddle down for a bit." Abby says.

Rin sighs as she looked down and thought for a moment. Abby was right. They can't keep driving around although that might of been safer but no one likes to be in a car for hours. She looked at the boat to see something bright like a reflection of something.

"Hey were you even listening!?" Abby says as she grabbed her wrist.

Rin looked at her in the eyes. "There's someone on that boat." She said motioning to the boat.

"Great let's go check it out."

"No, we don't know if they're hostile or not."

"More reason to check it out."

"No Abby. That would be a bad idea. We don't know who they are. It's would be walking into the fire blind. Let's look through the stores here then we wait for them to make a move." She whispered softly into her ear.

Rin walked off towards the truck to grab her bag before leaving a fluster Abby behind to enter into a store. "W-Wait! Rin!"

Rin walked into a store and realized it was a salon. She looked around or any sign of the dead. She saw one and took care of it quickly. She walked along the aisle. Abby was somewhere else in the store. She decided to dye her hair again to change it up since the red was fading away. So she grabbed black hair dye and went into the bathroom while grabbing shampoo, conditioner, and a hair dryer. Although it was a chance with the hair dryer cause she wasn't for sure if the place still had electricity.