Chp.5 Enter the Unkown

~Rin~
She slowly started to regain her senses back. She could tell that she was laying on something comfortable. Like a couch almost. Her head resting on what felt like a pillow. She felt the warmth of the couch because of her body heat against her skin. She felt something wet against her abdomen. She felt weak. Her body was exhausted. She didn't want to wake up. She wanted to continue resting. She wanted to be like this forever. Just to sleep the nightmares away. Wishing that when she wakes up, it'll all be a dream. But she knew better than anyone that it's not a dream. It's the reality of living. She knew that no where was safe anymore. But she has to find somewhere to settle down and to survive. A safe place for Alicia and her family, also the people that she met.

She slowly open her eyes half way to see Alicia taking care of her wounds. She notice that she was only wearing her sports bra and her pants. She watched as Alicia was focusing on her wounds. Alicia was done cleaning Rins wounds and put on new bandages. Alicia put everything away back into the mid kit before leaving the room. Rin sat up and looked around. She realized that they were on a boat and was moving. She swung her legs off of the coach before standing up. She saw that her hoodie was on a chair across from her. She walked towards it and put it on. Her muscles ache as she moved. Once her hoodie was on she walked towards a door the led out of the boat in the back. Where there were couches to sit on and to relax. When she walked out the wind hit her face which blew her hair wildly around. She walked towards the ledge to look out at the sea. It was a beautiful sight for sure. The waves crash against the boat as it moved. She could hear each splash against the boat. It was a calming sound and sight.

But....she knew it wouldn't last for long. Something always happens because life just likes to throw you into many shitty situations. It never gives you a break but when it does, you need to take advantage of that precious time. Wether it's with family or being alone in a calming scene or hanging out with your friends. You should always treasure it. And she was treasuring this moment because she didn't know when the next time she'll be able to look out at the sea again. Or anything would be this calm and stress free. She heard the door behind her slide open. She turned around slowly to see Alicia standing in the doorway. Alicia stared at her with wide eyes. Alicia's eyes scans up and down on her body.

"You should be resting." Alicia said in a soft voice as she slowly approaches her.

"Wanted to get some fresh air." Rin says as she watches her approach her.

Alicia stopped a few feet away from her. They stared at each other before Alicia wraps her arms around her, surprising her by her sudden action. Rin stood there shocked before coming back to her senses and wraps her arms around her shoulders. Alicia barried her face in Rins right shoulder.

"What happens now?" Rin ask.

"Hm? The legendary Pendragon doesn't know what happens next?" Alicia tease.

Rin smirks before she started tickling Alicia's side. Alicia immediately started squirming and fell into the couch but Rin didn't stop there.

"Stop it!" She laughed but Rin didn't stop. Rin smirked as she continue to tickle her. "Alright! Alright! I'll tell you! Now stop tickling me!" She says in bits of laugh.

Rin stops and sits down next to her smirking. Alicia sees her smirking at her and she hits Rin in the right arm.

"That's for tickling me." She says before moving closer to sit close to Rin. "Anyway Strand, the guy that owns this boat says that there's a safe place in Mexico. So we're heading there."

Rin shook her head. "There's no where safe. Not even Mexico. That place could be over run by the infected once we get there." Rin looked over at Alicia to see her giving her that really look. "But if that's where you want to go, I'll go with you."