chapter 31

( A/N : Happy Ramadan everyone )

Xavier has devised a game
'True or False' for them to know each other.

"Jessica, you like to collect cute, colourful stationery and stickers. True or false?"

"True." Then, Jessica thought of something to ask. "Xavier , your favourite super hero is Superman. True or false?"

Xavier seemed confused. "How do you know that? It's true by the way."

Jessica shrugged, and looked away. "The clue is, almost all of your underwear is red."

Xavier' jaw dropped. "What? You saw them?" His dazzling face looked embarrassed.

"Yeah, I saw them. The ones you hung out on the veranda," she said, trying hard to hide her smile.

"Seriously, you're not joking?" His voice and eyebrows shot up.

She rolled her eyes skyward. "You're the one who must be joking. For a split second I thought Superman was living here."

"Is that an indirect way of saying my underwear looks like Superman's?"

"It's not indirect. I'm directly saying that they look like Superman's."

"You- Why you..." Xavier was speechless. He pursed his lips.

Jessica's face stretched into an unexpected eye-crinkling grin, for a second she looked like a five years old kid. Xavier couldn't help but smile too. He made a mental note to himself to hide his underwear later.

They were in the kitchen. Xavier was preparing their dinner that evening. He said it was as thanks for nursing him back to health.

After a while, there were spagitte with chicken, and sausage on the table.

Jessica was already sitting down at the table while Xavier set up the table.

She grabbed the fork and had a bite of the spagitte.

"Is it okay? Don't blame me if you get sick," Xavier asked, a bit anxious waiting for Jessica's comment on his cooking.

"I'm prepared for that. Since you made it." Jessica flashed a wide grin.

"Then don't eat it!" he tried to take her bowl but she took it out of his reach.

"I'm just kidding. It's good. Really."

Honestly, she was a bit shock with his cooking. She never expected him to be this good. Knowing Daniel's cooking skill also didn't help her to put any expectation on Xavier either. She thought it would be in their family genes to be unable to cook. She was proved wrong by Xavier .

"Really? It is really good?" Xavier asked for confirmation.

jessica nodded. "Yeah. It is very delicious."

"Of course it would be delicious. They are my best dishes." He sounded smug suddenly.

Her eyes widened. "So, you can cook? Seriously?"

"What's with that tone of surprise?" Xavier muttered, unsatisfied with her lack of trust.

"Well, I thought you would be the same as Daniel . I was a bit worried for a moment there."

"Don't even joke about that. Of course I'm way better than him," he complained, stabbing his fork viciously into the sausage on his plate.

Jessica winced at his gesture. It might be better not to surround the topic around Daniel , but she knew avoiding it might be more problematic.