he watched out at the ocean, the small waves slowly and gracefully rolling in on top of eachother before flattening themselves to the sand, and then they get pulled away.

it was a breathtaking and heartbreaking story, between the sand and the waves. the waves always try their hardest to get to the sand, even for a moment, but before they're sucked back away into the depths from where they came, waiting longingly for their chance to go back.

the sun's position in the sky had already changed, and a very faint and soft rose color had appeared in the sky. there were few clouds that accompanied the hue and the sky, accenting it and attending to it's beauty. if you had just been driving by, then you wouldn't have noticed it. but well, if you'd been sitting there for hours, the pink shade of approaching dusk would seem obvious.

he wanted to look and see over the cliff, see how far down the mountainside ran for, how far of a drop it would be if his car inevitably dipped forward and fell, but he couldn't. if he were to lean the slightest inch forward, so would the car, which would just keep going forward until it fell.

"of course i manage to get myself stuck in the most stranded place in the world. no one is going to drive past here. not for a while."

but it is still beautiful, don't you think?

he couldn't fathom how the beauty of this area could overpower the possibility of his death.

but it did.

"it is."

have you not tried starting your car up?

he mentally facepalmed. did he really not try that already? was this entrancing place hypnotizing him, making him want to stay longer?

"i- no. no i haven't."

well, why not?

he shook his head, his hand quickly going the key's that were in the ignition. his hopes were already starting to grow. he turned them forward, listening to the car sputter, trying to pull itself together and start working, but in a matter of seconds it stopped, giving up. suddenly, smoke began to barrel out of the hood of the car.

he sighed, letting his hands go back to rest in his lap, leaning back in his chair.

"like i told you before. i'm stuck." he explained to the deer.

is it broken?

"something like that. probably overheated."

how long until it is not overheated?

"tomorrow morning? if i even last that long."

and that's when the clouds started rolling in, a boom of thunder shaking him to his core as it sang loudly through the darkening sky.