05 | Friends

╔══════════════════╗

SKIN & BONES
v. FRIENDS

╚══════════════════╝

SITTING ON HER BED, Lorelai grunted ever-so softly as she made several failed attempts to wrap her fingers around her small bicep

SITTING ON HER BED, Lorelai grunted ever-so softly as she made several failed attempts to wrap her fingers around her small bicep. She was doing anything she could to take her mind off of what she saw just a few hours before this very moment.

"Have you lost your mind, Alice!? We can't just let a human into our house!" screeched an agitated blonde by the name of Rosalie Hale. She whipped around to the boy with honey-blond hair, Jasper Hale. She glared at him and declared, "This is your fault."

The pixie-like girl called Alice Cullen shook her head and frowned. "That's not true," she argued with her falsetto voice. Her topaz eyes fell on the aforementioned human. "She's so frail that you can hardly hear her heartbeat, never mind smell her blood under all that cigarette smoke. Besides, I saw her in my visions. She's important!"

Lorelai Swan had been sitting in silence on the couch in the Cullen's household shortly after the incident in the forest with Jasper. All around her were the otherwise considered "town weirdoes". Carlisle and Esme Cullen, as well as their adopted children, stood around the living room.

She had always known that the Cullen-Hales were peculiar and preferred to keep to themselves unless absolutely necessary, but never did she think for a second that they were supernatural creatures.

If anything, the Cullens being vampires was Lorelai Swan's last guess. Witches, maybe, but not vampires.

"What are we supposed to do?" demanded Edward, otherwise known as the boy Bella Swan had taken a strange liking toward. "Can we truly trust that she can keep our secret?"

Forgetting that the vampires in the room each possessed superhuman hearing, Lorelai mumbled, "I kept an eating disorder a secret for awhile."

Clicking her tongue, Rosalie looked the bony girl up and down with cold eyes as she said, "It was never much of a secret."

"Rosalie," warned Carlisle, attempting to reign in his children, who, in reality, were just vampires of his coven. "Everyone, we need to be rational."

"Exactly!" barked Rosalie. "Why is no one agreeing with me?" She scowled as Emmett took his girlfriend's hand comfortingly.

Lorelai peered back at Carlisle and Esme—the leaders of the vampire coven. For as long as Lorelai could recall, Carlisle and Esme were a simple married couple with many adopted children. Sure, two of their kids were dating each other, but they technically weren't related, so Lorelai never thought much of it.