02 | The Wind's Whispers

╔══════════════════╗

SKIN & BONES
ii. THE WIND'S WHISPERS

╚══════════════════╝

WITH THE WIND'S WHISPERS, Jasper Hale had vanished

The three days following Bella's birthday bash were a blur. All Lorelai could properly and clearly remember was her hand breaking by the bloodthirsty vampire she called her best friend. Jasper had created a clean break in her hand's bones and didn't kill anyone that night, but Lorelai was still worried about him.

As aforementioned, it had been three days since Bella's 18th birthday party, which meant that it had also been three days since the Swan sisters had seen the Cullens. Jasper, Edward, Carlisle, and just about all of the Cullens hadn't contacted the sisters. Lorelai had half the mind to drive herself to the hospital just to see if Carlisle was at work, but she chose against it. Nonetheless, it was like they disappeared out of thin air.

Lorelai sat in the living room of her home, her eyes glued to the brochures colleges had been sending her sister. The TV remote rested in her lap, as well as her broken hand. There was a white cast secured around it, small signatures from Bella and Charlie on it, which was Lorelai's idea.

"Oh, honey," mumbled Lorelai to herself, an old episode of America's Next Top Model playing on the screen. "Tyra wouldn't approve of those faces. Seriously, it looks like something crawled up your ass and died... twice."

"A little harsh, aren't you?"

Gasping in surprise, Lorelai nearly fell off of the couch at the voice. Her father was at work and Bella was at school, so naturally, Lorelai was frightened out of her mind when she heard an unexpected voice. Her head snapped to the left, where she was greeted by Jasper Hale.

"What the fuck, Jazz!?" shouted Lorelai. She placed a hand over her heart as it raced. As she did so, she noticed Jasper tense considerably. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I need to talk to you, Lorelai."

Lorelai paused, her eyebrows knitting together slightly. She didn't bother to address how he had called her by her full name rather than 'Rory' to know that something was wrong. Well, that and also the fact that he had completely ghosted her for three days.

"Unless you answer my question, I'm gonna need you to row, row, row your boat gently the fuck away from me," she snapped, shaking her head. "Seriously, Jasper. You can't just go break your best friend's hand, then go MIA, and then break into said best friend's house! It's quite rude, if you asked me."

"I need to talk to you," he repeated, this time attempting to send waves of tranquillity in Lorelai's direction. She shook her head, feeling her irritation emerge seconds later.