10 | Love Yourself

╔══════════════════╗

SKIN & BONES
x. LOVE YOURSELF

╚══════════════════╝

LORELAI WOULD HAVE NEVER once thought that moving to Forks, Washington would inevitably change her life entirely

LORELAI WOULD HAVE NEVER once thought that moving to Forks, Washington would inevitably change her life entirely. If you had told her that by moving to Forks, she would be introduced to the love of her life, be reunited with her baby sister and father, die, come back to life, develop insane vampire powers, and make friendships that would quite literally last a lifetime, Lorelai would have laughed and tried to check you into a psychiatric hospital.

However, if you had told Lorelai that despite all of this happening, she would still have issues regarding loving herself, she wouldn't have been surprised.

Looking around her bedroom, Lorelai Swan noticed how every single mirror in sight had been covered with a sheet. From the vanity to the full-length one, every single one had been blocked off, leaving Lorelai unable to view her reflection.

She wasn't sure why it was so hard for her to look at herself. Perhaps she still hadn't truly accepted the fact that she wasn't herself anymore. She wasn't that girl who was nothing more than skin and bones. She simply wasn't normal anymore. Why did that bother her so much?

Perhaps it was because when she was normal, things were set in stone. Her life was set in stone. Perhaps this new life of hers was unpredictable. Was that what bothered her so much?

Lorelai stood in front of the mirror attached to her vanity, the sheet still hanging over it.

"I think your problem is your obsession with a normal life. I mean, look at yourself and your life, dear. You're far from normal. You're extraordinary, Rory. Is that such a bad thing?"

The Manipulator sighed as Esme's voice spoke in her mind. "No, not at all," she mumbled to herself. "There's nothing wrong with change. There's nothing wrong with being healthy again. There's nothing wrong with me."

Lorelai was slowly beginning to understand her insecurities. She had been struggling so hard with accepting herself as a human before her life flipped upside down. Now, that she was a vampire, it was like her brain was going into overdrive trying to accept this change. She had rejected the thought of changing into a healthier lifestyle for so long; this change seemed to cause her brain to malfunction.

She was convinced that her life as a human was normal, which it was. However, it wasn't where she was happy—this she was sure of.

"Clinging to your old life where normality once lied is most certainly not the key to happiness. In that life, you were unhappy for a long, long time."