Chapter 26

Jungkook couldn't contact or meet Taehyung after that since Taehyung changed his number and neither did he have any idea of where Taehyung could possibly be. They hadn't even talked properly in the short amount of time they spent with each other and now Jungkook was totally in the dark regarding the whereabouts of the younger.

As soon as Taehyung reached Seoul he talked himself into forgetting about Jungkook and kept himself occupied with excessive working so that he doesn't have a single spare second to think about anything other than work.

-------

The next time Jungkook and Taehyung came across each other was the biggest test of Taehyung's patience. After all that time of keeping himself away from the thoughts of Jungkook, Taehyung once again ran into the older after a few months at a hospital.

Taehyung had bruised himself slightly on his arm when he was moving a few things in his room. After getting his arm bandaged and taking some painkillers he was on his way out when some people rushed past him, taking someone on a stretcher. Taehyung moved back immediately leaving the area clear for them to move as he watched the woman on the stretcher screaming in pain. It was obvious she was in labor.

Taehyung watched them run into the ward and turned around to leave but stopped in his tracks. The woman looked somewhat familiar but he wasn't sure.

/It can't be./

Taehyung turned back around slowly and watched the people standing outside the surgery. The two men standing there didn't seem familiar to him at all. But he thought that maybe he couldn't tell from the back. So Taehyung walked past them to see them up close.

/Nope. Not him./

Taehyung walked back to leave when a man came running in and passed Taehyung.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" He asked the men Taehyung had just checked and they just pointed towards the surgery.

"She's inside."

And after that they left him. Taehyung just stood there watching the guy who just came in as he paced in front of the door of the surgery and all that effort of the previous months vanished when the same pain of the past came back to him.

/Jungkook?/

Taehyung smiled sadly as he realized what he just witnessed. Jungkook was going to be a father soon and Taehyung could only stand to watch it from the side line.

/I guess I did lose, after all./

Taehyung wanted to turn away and leave but he couldn't. He couldn't stop staring at the guy he finally fell for worrying about someone else. The true feeling of defeat washed over him and Taehyung felt weak. There were no tears in his eyes this time when he felt the pain. He just became numb. The taste of losing was new to him and he didn't expect it to be so bitter that it would leave him frozen.

Taehyung was lost in his thoughts when the doctor came out and Jungkook rushed over to him.

"What happened?"

The doctor looked at him sternly as he talked.
"Are you her guardian?"

Jungkook nodded.

"Yes. I'm her husband, Jeon Jungkook."

"Well, you have to make decision now, Mr. Jeon. We can only save one of them. So please tell us quickly."

Jungkook's shoulders slumped at the words of the doctor and he immediately shook his head.

"No. Save both of them. Not one. Both of them."

Jungkook was freaking out and his hands were shaking so visibly that even Taehyung could see them.