Chapter 32

"What's wrong, Tae?"

Taehyung looked up at the familiar voice and saw Jungkook sitting next to his legs. He blinked in shock as he stared at the smiling face of the person he was just thinking about.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook's smiled brightened and Taehyung realized the older was actually there. He immediately tried to get up but Jungkook shook his head and put his hand on Taehyung's leg making him stop.

"Calm down. I'm not going anywhere."

Taehyung sighed in relief and nodded before laughing slightly.

"I guess I don't have to worry about losing your number now that you're here, huh?"

Jungkook chuckled at him as he laid down next to Taehyung making him blush.

"Jungkook what are you-"

He got cut off by the door opening revealing a confused nurse and the police officer from before.

"Um, who.. who were you talking to, Taehyung-ssi?"

The officer asked trying to sound as casual as he could. Taehyung looked to his side and saw Jungkook's eyes closed in blissful sleep making him smile uncontrollably. He turned back to the officer with the smile in place as he silently pointed at the sleeping guy next to him. The officer and nurse looked at each other and then at Taehyung before coming closer to make sure that there was someone there.

But they saw absolutely nothing. Not even a speck of dust for Taehyung to talk to. They looked at Taehyung who was smiling fondly at the empty spot next to him and then shared a concerned look before excusing themselves.

"I don't think he was attacked, sir. It seems like he must have hurt himself."

The nurse said as soon as they closed the door of Taehyung's room behind them and the officer nodded back.

"You're right. This 'Kookie', I'm guessing is either his lover or significant other who has either died or just dumped Taehyung-ssi."

The nurse agreed and walked off with the officer as they talked about shifting Taehyung to a different facility if his condition happened to worsen at any point.

Taehyung, on the other hand, had his gaze fixed on Jungkook's face that he missed so much last night. He kept tracing his finger on Jungkook's face who still had his eyes closed but when Taehyung's fingers reached his lips he bit it lightly, making Taehyung yelp in surprise.

"Yah! I thought you were sleeping."

Jungkook turned slightly and engulfed Taehyung in his embrace as he giggled.

"I was just pretending."

Taehyung giggled as well as he hugged Jungkook back. Jungkook pulled back a little as he spoke curiously.

"You like to pretend too, don't you?"

Taehyung raised his eye brows at him first but then looked away suddenly feeling embarrassed.

"I_I'm not sure what you're talking about."

Jungkook slowly sat up so his shoulders were on same level as Taehyung as he stared at the younger with a serious face now but his tone still remained soft and the smile in place.

"I'm talking about your favourite hobby, Tae."

Taehyung gulped as he looked down at his hands in his lap.

/How did he find out? Is he going to leave me again?/

"I'm not-"

Jungkook cut him off before he could make up anything.