Chapter 40

Rest of the dinner went splendidly and Taehyung seemed very much normal putting Jungkook at ease. They drove back home- Taehyung's home, and had a little chat during which Taehyung walked in kitchen to grab a glass of water while Jungkook got up to take his leave since he had office next day. When Taehyung came out of the kitchen and saw Jungkook putting on his shoes his face fell.

/He's leaving again. He's leaving me. He's leaving me for someone else./

When Jungkook looked back up, his eyes met with Taehyung's frightened ones and he quickly dropped his other shoe to walk over to him.

"Tae, what happened?"

/He's leaving you.
No, he can't.
Look, he's leaving.
No. Shut up.
He obviously has someone waiting for him.
Shut up shut up shut up./

Taehyung gulped hard as he tried to silence the voice in his head but it kept getting louder and louder. Soon, Taehyung started shaking and Jungkook began to panic. He feared that Taehyung might be having a seizure or something so he tried to run to get his keys but Taehyung quickly grabbed his arm tightly and held him back.

"Tae, wha-"

Jungkook tried to talk but Taehyung suddenly screamed.

"Please don't leave me again! Please don't go to someone else! Please. Please stay with me. I'm begging you."

Jungkook froze in his spot as he heard Taehyung's words and stopped struggling. Here he was thinking that Taehyung was back to normal but out of nowhere the younger started talking about Jungkook leaving him for someone else? Jungkook couldn't make sense of it no matter which angle he saw it from so he dropped the idea of understanding the meaning and just pulled Taehyung closer to his chest as his strong arms wrapped protectively around Taehyung's weakened frame.

"I'm not leaving you, baby. I never will. I promised, remember?"

Taehyung was still shaking in his embrace as Jungkook kept telling him that he wasn't leaving him and rubbed his back, simultaneously. After around five minutes, Taehyung calmed down and when Jungkook felt that the shivering has stopped, he pulled his neck back a little to see Taehyung. The younger was looking down continuously and didn't say anything. Jungkook was struggling with words since he didn't know what could trigger Taehyung and put him in trouble again so they both stood there in each other's arms in a comfortable silence.

Finally Taehyung broke the silence.

"Will you stay with me?"

Jungkook didn't think twice and nodded as he answered.

"Of course, I will."

Taehyung still didn't seemed convinced as he looked up and stared at Jungkook as if he was searching for something on his face.

"You won't leave once I fall asleep, will you?"

Jungkook shook his head. There was no point in reasoning with him because he wasn't in a situation to understand logic. He just worked on whatever crap his mind made up for him and Jungkook was well aware that right now his mind just needed the reassurance that Jungkook was not going to leave Taehyung for anyone else. That's why Jungkook was giving the younger every answer he wanted to hear regardless of the other factors in reality.

Taehyung nodded his head as he pulled away as if nothing happened but Jungkook could see clearly that he didn't believe the older.

"I'll take a shower first. Or do you want to-"

Jungkook shook his head slightly as he smiled at him.

"No. I'll join you, instead."

Taehyung's face turned red in an instant as he gaped at him for a few seconds before turning around running to his room.