Dwayne Robertson ~ You Promise You Won't Shut Me Out Again

A/N: This was requested by my friend Athena.

( Athena's POV)

Today I am moving to Minneapolis today from Austin, Texas with my best friend Alex and being put on The Ducks Hockey Team with her. I heard another boy from there was being put on the team too. I just hope he's not on the Crockett team. Before I was an Eagle and Crockett hate each other. I kinda hope it's Dwayne though. He is my crush.

~~~~ In Minneapolis~~~

Me and Alex headed to the ice arena and when we got there we put our stuff on and our Eagle jerseys on before heading out and we noticed no was where. I looked at Alex and we both said " HOLY time". She took out her speaker and hooked it up too her phone before playing the karaoke version. 

We skated to the middle it played through our ears. 

Soon we both sang "  

When the sun had left and the winter came

And the sky fall could only bring the rain

I sat in darkness, all broken hearted

I couldn't find a day I didn't feel alone

I never meant to cry, started losing hope

But somehow baby, you broke through and saved me ".

As we got here others started heading into the locker room but it was just a girl so we didn't care. Guys that would be a problem. I can't sing in front of guy since normally the Crockett players are around. 

I sang alone as we did figure skating moves and jumps around the ice 

" You're an angel, tell me you're never leaving

'Cause you're the first thing I know I can believe in

You're holy, holy, holy, holy

I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

You're holy, holy, holy, holy

I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

You made the brightest days from the darkest nights

You're the river bank where I was baptized

Cleanse all the demons

That were killing my freedom

Let me lay you down, give me to ya

Get you singing babe, hallelujah

We'll be touching, we'll be touching heaven". 

Soon Alex joined as 2 other girls walked in and the other girl joined us on the ice and said she knew the song.

We all sang " 

You're an angel, tell me you're never leaving

'Cause you're the first thing I know I can believe in

You're holy, holy, holy, holy

I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

You're holy, holy, holy, holy

I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

I don't need the stars 'cause you shine for me

Like fire in my veins, you're my ecstasy

You're my ecstasy

You're holy, holy, holy, holy

I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

You're holy, holy, holy, holy

I'm high on loving you, high on loving you

You're the healing hands where it used to hurt

You're my saving grace, you're my kind of church

You're holy".

Then all we heard was clapping and 4 guys skated onto the ice and all I saw in Orange was the word " CROCKETT". Me and Alex both said in pure disgust " Crockett ". He glared at us and said " Eagles". It was Dwayne and my heart started racing at the thought of him.  The other 3 guys and the other girls looked confused.

 I said " What are you doing here Robertson?". 

He glared and said " I could ask you the same thing Stride?".

I said " I was given a spot on the team. what do you think?". 

Realization kicked in before I screamed "  I AM NOT PLAYING WITH THAT ASS HOLE!!!!!" before skating away with Alex over to the other side of the rink. It hurt calling him that but he does it to me. The other girl came with us and said " By the way names Julie and what happened". 

I said " Back in Texas when about a year ago before Robertson got out onto the Crockett's he was my best friend. We where always together. He knew all of my secrets and I knew his. When we both got put on teams the next year we got separated. He got put on the Crockett's and I was put onto the Eagles with Alex. We where really close still and even started acting like more then friends. Soon he asked me to the semi formal dance with him but he canceled last minute. I still went anyways and he soon showed up with Vegas Liston and he didn't even care that I was there. Soon he wouldn't even talk to me or even notice I was in the room. He acted like I wasn't his best friend anymore. He just pushed me away. I don't want all that happening again". 

She said " Well you have to at least talk to him. There might be a reason". 

All we heard was things smashed onto the ice. We looked over and saw Dwayne skate off the ice and storm into the locker room. Alex said " You better go talk to him". I said  " Okay and If I where you I would go see Dean he looks pretty pissed". I skated over to the side and walked into the locker room and heard crying. That broke my heart. I continued walking and I saw Dwayne sitting at his locker with his head in his hands. I said " Dwayne". He looked up and his eyes where red and had tear streaks on his face. 

He said " What do you want Stride?". I said " Are you okay?" while walking over to sit next to him. Once I sat down he said " How would you like it if you where told by the most important person who is also your crush that they didn't want to play hockey with you and they called you an asshole". 

I said " Dwayne I'm your crush". 

He looked up at me and said " When I joined the Crockett's was when I realized that  I really liked you. I tried everything to try and tell you. When you said yes when I asked you to semi I was the happiest person in the world. Soon after I realized that I would screw up everything if I went with you so I went with my cousin Vegas instead. After that all the guys on the Crockett's found out that I had a crush on you so they started making fun of me and body checking me for no reason. Soon they said If I didn't get rid of my crush on you they where gonna tell coach about it and I would be kicked off the team for it. I didn't want to do it and I was killing my heart in the same time. I did it only around them. I still care for you. Some times I would see if you are okay walking home. God I love you and I acted like and Idiot". 

I didn't care at that moment. I just placed my lips on his. He kissed back and pulled me onto his lap so he could kiss me better. When we pulled all we heard was " AWEEEE I SHIP IT". We looked over at the door and Alex and Julie looking at us. I got off his lap and Alex " Come on love birds Coach Bombay wants us on the ice. We both stood up and walked out hand in hand to the ice.

On the way out I said " Promise you won't shut me out again".

He said " I Promise" before kissing my forehead.