Chapter 16

Song is I Go Crazy by DHT

This chapter is EDITED

Victoria POV:

John was the first to do something, putting his hand on my arm. "Let him go, Victoria. Think of Elena, she can't lose anybody else." His words had the exact effect he wanted, they made me draw back, for once John was right. If I killed Alaric then Elena would be devastated and so would Jenna and Damon and Stefan and Caroline, everybody I knew.

"Get out of my sight before I change my mind." Alaric didn't waste any time in following after Damon, I ran my fingers through my hair and did my best to compose myself as John took a few steps away from me. "Oh my god, I have to go!" It was like a light bulb had gone off in my brain and I remembered what Elijah had made me promise. "Goodbye Andie, bye John."

I was in the apartment building before five seconds could tick by, the door looming in front of me. My fist raised and I knocked loudly, having not been invited in just yet. The door opened a couple seconds later and I was met with Jonas, he looked at me confused and I smiled slightly. "Could you invite me in?"

"Yes, come on in." Jonas took a step aside as I entered the home, closing the door behind me. It was a fairly small apartment and the shelves were filled with grimoires, Luka wasn't anywhere to be seen so I assumed he was out somewhere. "I thought you were with Elijah, where's Elijah?"

I took a seat on the couch and sighed. "That's the thing-"

The door opened before I could say anything more and in walked a very mad looking Elijah. "What happened?" Jonas inquired, taking in Elijah's ice cold stare and blood stained shirt. Elijah's eyes landed on me and I could see relief wash over his face, I wasn't sure why seeing as I was perfectly capable of handling my own against Damon and his band of humans.

"I need you to find Elena." He ignored the question, getting straight to the point of finding my niece and taking her from the Salvatores. "Now." For a minute I wondered how Damon could keep that from me, how he hid a dagger in the house and I hadn't even known. How he could lie to my face and to everyone around him.

Jonas nodded his head once and began finding all the things needed to locate Elena, Elijah took a seat beside me on the couch as Jonas began chanting. "I kept my word." He told me, leaning back as I propped my elbow on the back of the couch so that I could look at him properly. "Damon is alive."

"I knew you would." It was the truth, I knew he wouldn't kill Damon, not after he promised me he wouldn't. "You always did. You know I went after Alaric." He perked up at this and gave me a questioning glance, I shrugged my shoulders. "He tried to kill you."

"So you went and tried to kill him, I'd do the same thing if someone went after you." He muttered more to himself than me, I didn't press it. "Or anyone I love for that matter." The dryness returned for a third time, was he implying something?

"What-"

"She's at Dunham lake." Jonas interrupted, standing up and handing Elijah a map with her location circled in blue. Elijah took the map, placing a kiss on my forehead before he disappeared from the apartment.

I collapsed back on the couch as Jonas gathered up a few things. "I'll be back." He declared, shutting the door behind him as he too left the apartment.

For the next half hour I waited for anything to happen, but it didn't. The radio and speakers taunted me from my spot on the couch and I ran my fingers through my hair. I pulled myself off the couch and walked over to the collection of CDs that resided on a rack. They ranged anywhere from rock 'n' roll to classical, but I couldn't find one I wanted to listen to. My nerves were all over the place as I thought of all the reasons Elijah wouldn't be back yet, there weren't many. Either he was having technical difficulties in retrieving Elena or he was lying somewhere with a dagger in his heart. I profusely hope for option 1.