Chapter 36

(The image to the side is Victoria's outfit for later in the chapter. The song is Pretend It's OK by Little Mix.)

Victoria POV:

Dinner with the Salvator Brothers, Elijah, and Niklaus promised to be the most entertaining event I'd ever attended. When Elijah told me he'd arranged for Niklaus to hear the brothers out about the coffin they still possessed, I almost choked in shock. So much for threatening Caroline, or anyone for that matter. I hadn't even thought a peaceful agreement was still an option after everything. "I've no clothes to wear, Elijah." I announced. "None."

"You could always go like that." Elijah teased, referring to the dress shirt I was wearing. I was surprised when Niklaus didn't comment on my attire when he found me in the basement. "Or you could go home, get ready, and then return here as any rational vampire would do."

I shook my head on denial. "I'm not letting you out of my sight again, I'll have Damon and Stefan bring me something." I was almost certain I still had some clothing tucked away in that house, hopefully they didn't pick some rainbow colored snowsuit. Although the likelihood of that was little to none, I didn't own a rainbow colored snowsuit.

"Then I'll go with you to retrieve something to wear." He suggested and my eyes widened at the fact I was going to let Damon choose my clothing when this was an option. If Damon got to choose my clothes he'd make a point to pick the worst outfit he could find, if not a rainbow colored snowsuit then canary yellow pants and a flamingo pink top. "Unless you'd rather trust the Salvatore."

I smiled and placed a chaste kiss on Elijah's lips before I grabbed the jeans I'd worn yesterday from the floor and slid them on, tucking the dress shirt into them just in case an occasion arose in which my outfit would need to be seen by anyone who hadn't already seen it. A baggy oversized dress shirt and jeans underneath just wouldn't work out. "I'm ready now, we can take my car."

"You'll need your shoes." He reminded me, pointing to the pair of heels. I'd placed them both together underneath one of his chairs, I didn't want to stumbling over them. I walked over to the shoes and slipped them on my feet before turning back to Elijah. "And your car keys wouldn't hurt either."

"I left those suckers in the car."

Elijah gave me a strange look. "Why would you leave your car keys in your car?"

"I like to tempt the car thieves, if they take my car I'll just purchase a new one." Or use one of the many parked in my driveway, there were three people living in my house and all the cars were parked in the driveway. Erik had moved his into the front after he realized he didn't exactly care if people noticed his car, the Mikaelsons already knew he was there. "Now I'm ready."

Elijah nodded and began to walk from the room, holding his bedroom door open for me before closing it behind us. We walked down the stairs in silence and there were no run-ins with Niklaus, which I was slightly pleased about. Niklaus wasn't my favorite person right now, but he wasn't my least favorite either. Elijah once again held the door for me as I walked out of the house and into the driveway.

When we arrived at my car, Elijah broke the silence. "How long has Erik been here?" He questioned as he opened up the passenger side door for me.

"He arrived right before I found out you were awake." I replied honestly, I had nothing to hide from Elijah and I had nothing to explain myself for. But Elijah and Erik hardly got along when they met, the years had made them stone cold towards each other, so I understood why he was asking me. "I called Viktor Davis a few days ago to contact him because I needed his help, he helped me with guilt before and I had just told Stefan to drive my niece off a bridge without feeling guilty."