Chapter VI

As soon as Sayori arrived with Morp, Yuri became afraid. "What if Natsuki falls for him? I'd lose my chance forever..." she thought. Of course, she could never voice this concern. "I would appear selfish, and Natsuki would hate me..." She thought. She's quite the Negative Nancy.

Yuri was trying her best to get closer to Natsuki. All day she had been talking with her, striking up conversation. She tried not to be too revealing of her true motive, that being love. She hadn't talked with anyone about her infatuation quite yet. She didn't have any real friends outside the club, and her parents would throw a fit.

She saw Natsuki. She wasn't paying attention to Morp, which was good. She would hate to lose her to Morp. Yuri fantasized about Natsuki... her beautiful hair... her gorgeous eyes... her cute, kissable lips...

"Hey, Yuri!" Natsuki said with a wide smile.

"Ah!" Yuri jumped, startled. She blushed when she realized who it was.

"Since you seemed to interested in my Manga yesterday, I've decided to lend you Parfait Girls and Hitashi's Journey!" Natsuki said, plopping the books into Yuri's hands.

"Th-Thank you, Natsuki... I appreciate this..." Yuri said, nervous about Natsuki being so close to her. It was then that Morp came over. He introduced himself, Natsuki and Yuri introduced themselves, and while he was talking, Yuri escaped to the other side of the room. She thought she was going to have a heart attack! "My love was right there! She gave me these books!" She thought. Though she was never partial to Manga, Yuri decided that Natsuki would probably want to discuss them, so she opened Parfait Girls Volume I. She was only a few pages in when Monika started to make an announcement.

"Hey, everyone! I know everyone's excited to meet our new member, Morp, but we need to prepare for the upcoming festival!"

Yuri had forgotten about the festival. Her thoughts had been consumed by Natsuki. What was she going to do for the festival? Come to think of it, what was the club going to do?

"We've already agreed to read our poems to the crowd, but there is much more to be done!" Monika continued.

Wait... reading to and audience? "I never signed up for this!" Yuri thought. This was her worst nightmare.

Monika went on. "...We're going to do a number of things to make people know our club! We'll be divided into teams! Morp and Sayori will work on the Pamphlets!" (She sounded stressed as she said that Morp and Sayori will work together, likely because she wanted to work with Morp).

"I will work alone on the decoration, and Yuri and Natsuki will work on the refreshments and the Main Banner!"

Yuri gulped. "M...Me...? And Natsuki? Working together?? Is this heaven or hell?" she thought. Just then, Natsuki came over. Yuri shot to her feet. "H-Hi!"

"Hey." Natsuki said. "So, when do you want to meet?"

Yuri couldn't believe it. "Um, how about... uh... Saturday? Will, uh, I be coming to your house or vice-versa?"

"I'LL BE COMING TO YOUR HOUSE!" Natsuki accidentally yelled. She covered her mouth as soon as it came out. "I will come over to you house..." she repeated, quieter this time. "I will arrive at noon, and I will bring whatever supplies are necessary. I will leave when all the work is done." She spoke softly, almost nervously.

"Okay..." Yuri said, at this point blushing very intensely.

As Natsuki went to her seat, Yuri sat back down and reopened Parfait Girls.