three;normal everyday life

3 weeks later•
jaelyn williams•

it was now late august, which meant school was beginning and my birthday was almost here.

i was born on september 25th.

I got changed quickly. I wore jeans and a white shirt.

"jaelyn!" i hear josh say from downstairs. i jump out of bed, running out of my new room we finished days before.

"yeah?" i yell down from the top of the stairs.

"time for school kiddo, and hurry before we're late."

"okay sorry." i rush into my room , put on a pair of shoes and grabbed my school bag.

"Why are you saying sorry?" Josh asks with a laugh. I look up at him as I tie the laces of my shoes. I wasn't going to tell him it was out of habit. That Matthew made us feel like we were the ones doing wrong.

"No reason, I just don't want to be the reason we're late." I say forcing out a laugh. He smiles and nods. As he walks away to grab his school bag, I pray silently that he doesn't question what had just happened. I want to forget the past, not remember it.

A few moments later, Josh and I got into Josh's car. Josh was older than me by 11 months , he was a senior and I will be a junior. I was beyond scared for this year. I wasn't just scared that no one will like me but scared of not knowing how to do the work. I have a second grade education. Nothing more.

I already have bad anxiety, not just from my past but even before that. I've always suffered from it. But when Josh pulled into a parking spot out front of the huge high school, I didn't think anxiety could be that bad. My breathing was rapid, I was scratching at my right arm, I could barely see straight. I've always looked forward to this moment. This moment meant new life, a normal life. Yet here I was , almost at the point of passing out.

Josh walked me to the office where I got my class list. The halls were crowded, I felt suffocated by the presence of so many people at the same time. I was only used to being around about seven girls at a time.

"Okay , I have to go to class. But they said they picked a girl for you that has all of the same classes with you to show you around and take you to classes." Josh explains. I nod, not saying a word.

"You got this Jae, if you need me just let the girl know." He says, He bends down and hugs me. I felt better after that, but I was still scared. I sat in the office for not even a few minutes when a girl walked in. She had long brown hair that was braided down her back. Her eyes were the prettiest shade of green, they reminded me of Jasmine's eyes. She was wearing a black shirt with jeans and a green jacket with the number 18 printed on the right sleeve with purple numbers.

"Hey I'm Connie!" The girl says cheerfully. She smiles and sticks out her hand. I shake her hand slightly.

"I'm Jae." I say.

"I'll be the one showing you around." She says. I nod and follow her out into the hallway.

While walking to our first period, I see three boys standing at a locker. One had brown hair , one had red hair , and then there was one with blonde hair.

Oh that boy with the blonde hair.

hi i'm in school. kms :(