eight; you freak

jae-

I woke up the next morning twenty minutes early because of a nightmare. It was only Tuesday and I was so ready for Friday. The only thing I was looking forwards to was playing hockey with Adam today. That was the only thing that got me out of bed. I was showered and ready before Josh was even awake. So I texted Adam to see if he could give me a ride. I would have walked but I don't really remember my way around my neighborhood. He answered not even a minute later saying he would be here in the next five minutes. I walked into Josh's room and woke him up.

"I'm getting a ride with Adam this morning since you didn't wake up." I say as I laugh. He jumps out of bed and runs straight into the bathroom. I walk downstairs and put shoes on. I grab my bag and walk out the door. Adam was already out there , beeping the horn. He smiles over at me when he sees me laughing.

"What's so funny?" He asks as I get into the car.

"Josh woke up late and he literally flew into the bathroom. It was great." I say laughing. Adam laughs too as he pulls away from his parking spot.

"So how did you sleep last night?" He asks.

"Good until I woke up twenty minutes early today. I could've used those twenty minutes." I say.

"You seem better today, you had me scared yesterday. I was worried about you." He says. His arm was resting on the arm rest in between us. I grab his hand. He wrapped his figures around mine.

"Eh don't be worried it's normal and besides today is a new day." I say smiling. He smiles over at me and squeezes my hand.

"Still I was worried." He says. "But I admire your strength Jae." I smile over at him. I wasn't ready to tell him he was my new strength. Sure , I've always had it. I was strong enough to live through what I lived through. But I've never felt this powerful, so alive.

He pulled into the school's parking lot. I could see the ducks standing in a huge circle near the front entrance. We both got out of the car and made our way over to them.

"Hey girly." Connie says. She walks to me and hugs me.

"Hey." I say back. She lets go and walks back to Guy. He had both of his arms wrapped around her. They were so cute. I seen Charlie whisper something into Adam's ear. Adam immeditetly turned around and punched him in the arm. Averman and Goldberg laughed hysterically while Adam chased Charlie as the rest of us watch in confusion. Connie and I walk to our first period.

"What was that about?" I ask Connie as we take a seat in the middle of the room.

"Oh I don't know , boys will be boys." She says. Adam, Charlie, Averman, Luis, and Julie walked into class. The rest of the team didn't have first period with us. Adam and Charlie sat in front of us, still arguing over what happened outside.

"Hey babe, what are you doing tonight?" I hear Luis asks me as he sits down in the chair to the left of me. I seen Adam glare at him out of the corner of my eye.

"My names not babe and I have plans tonight with Adam ,sorry." I didn't mean for it to sound rude but it did. I felt even more bad when all of my friends started laughing.

"She completely turned you down." Julie says through a fit of laughter.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound mean." I say turning to Luis. He laughs.

"It's alright. I wasn't actually asking you, I just like to bust Adam's balls. He gets so pissed when I talk about how hot you are." Luis says with a smirk on his face. I could feel myself blush.

"I'm gonna break your balls, Mendoza." Adam says with a dirty look.

"I'm not hot, stop." I say through laughter.

"Shut up." Adam , Luis, Charlie, and Averman say all at once. Julie and I were laughing so hard that we could barely breathe.

"I'm serious babe , you're seriously so hot." Luis says again. Adam groans out loud.

"Luis shut up." Adam says , giving Luis a dirty look.

"Oh come on Adam. You know you agree, just-" Luis was pushed by Adam out of his chair and onto the floor. The entire classroom was laughing.

"Mr. Mendoza, are you alright down there?" Mrs. McCain, our English teacher , asks as she walks into class.

"Yeah I'm alright."

****

"Why were you so mad at Luis earlier?" I ask Adam as we sit in the locker room after school. I looked up from tying my skates to see him staring at me.

"Luis,he's a player. I would hate to see you get hurt." He says. I smile over at him.

"Thanks for having my back Banks." I say. We both stand up at the same time.

"Anytime, Williams." He says smiling. "Be right back, I gotta use the bathroom."

I sat back down on the bench near my locker. I really liked this life. My new friends are amazing and hockey is so much fun. I wish I could've expierenced this the past two years like everyone else got to. My head flies up when I hear the door fly open. Three boys walk in talking loudly.

"Oh look it's Jaelyn Williams, the miracle girl." One says laughing. I gulp, my anxiety getting worse as they approach me.

"Aren't you Banks' girl , you're practically all over him every time we see y'all in the halls." Another one says.

"Oh no, we're just really good friends. We um play hockey together ." I say trying as hard as I can to hide the fear in my voice.

"Oh so you play hockey? So do we, Varsity. No stupid ducks." The one with the brown hair says.

"That's cool." I say. The one with the blonde hair walks closer to me. He lays his finger on my cheek and runs it across.

"Watch out for Daisy, you freak ." He whispers. Just like that they all walk out. Daisy? Freak? Who's Daisy? Why am I a freak?
I really wanted to cry but I couldn't . I didn't want to worry Adam more than I already do. But Daisy? Is she Adam's girlfriend? Best friend?

"Hey you ready?" Adam asks walking back into the room. I quickly cover the look of fear  off my face and smile.

"Yeah let's play!"

double update:)