III - Dead in the Water (P.1)

[NOTES:] Y/n/n = Your nickname. I also changed the age of Y/n when her father died. It was 12 years old, but now she was 14 years old. Also, this chapter is a long one so buckle in!

[12 YEARS AGO - LAWRENCE, KANSAS]

There was faint mumbling outside of Missouri's office. After two hours of Missouri comforting you and trying to calm you down, John Winchester finally made it to the psychic's home. The whispering stopped, the door open and John walked inside. He sighed and sat next to your shaking body. 

"Let's go," he whispered, rubbing your back comfortingly. You stood up and followed him out of the room.

Missouri embraced you and muttered in your ear, "You call me if you need anything, you hear?" 

You nodded slightly and pulled away. You offered Missouri a broken smile, thankful for her generosity. She returned your smile with her own as you walked out of the building with John. 

"I'm taking you to an old friend of mine. He'll be able to keep you safe," John explained as the you of you got into the impala. John sighed, "I know this is hard for you, Y/n, but I need to you tell me what you saw. Can you do that for me?" 

Your lips pouted as you shook your head, a sob slipping through your lips. All of your energy was put into that phone call you made just moments after the death of your father. Your mind still couldn't process what happened. The world around you shattered in an instant and now you didn't know what to do. You just wanted to see Dean, the boy you grew up with and now had a crush on, and for him to tell you that everything was going to be alright. You craved for him to hug you and for him to sing Hey Jude softly in your ear just like his mother did for him. 

John nodded to himself. He went through the same state of shock as you when Mary died. Though he was able to put on a mask and prove himself strong, you couldn't. It was just to much. John started the impala and drove onto the road. 

"The boys are at the motel," he said, explaining why the boys weren't in the car. "I didn't have time to pick them up. I promise they'll come to visit you once I'm done with this hunt." 

You watched the passing scenery, your eyelids becoming heavier by the minute. Your sobs finally subsided, you gave up. You stopped fighting and succumbed to sleep, darkness clouding your vision. 

[PRESENT DAY - SOME RANDOM DINER]

Sitting next to Dean at the diner's bar was a huge mistake. The waitress constantly positioned herself in raunchy poses, showing off her "assets" to get Dean's attention. You ignored it for a while, but now it was just annoying. You and Dean were supposed to be looking for any strange deaths in newspapers, but he wasn't studying the newspaper--he was eyeing the waitress. 

You slap his arm and scowl. "Can you focus, please? Damn." 

Dean cocks an eyebrow at your exasperated behavior. You glare at him and with a flick of your wrist, the newspaper pops up and blocks your face from Dean's sight. He scoffs and shakes his head, finally looking at the paper you gave him. Mumbling incoherently to yourself, you try to concentrate on the paper literally right in front of your face, but the waitress is back, leaning over the counter.

"Can I get you anything else?" she asks Dean, suggestivley puffing out her chest. 

You bit the inside of your cheek to keep yourself from groaning in annoyance. Luckily, Sam swoops in to save the day. "Just the check, please," Sam politely replies as he takes a seat next to you.