X - Asylum

"No, John was in California last we heard from him. We figured since he goes to you for religious things, you might've heard from him," you explain over the phone. "Maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks?"

"No, I'm sorry, kid. I haven't seen or heard from John in a while," Pastor Jim replies. 

You sigh. "All right. Just call us if you hear anything."

"Will do," Jim says. "And, Y/n, be careful. John's gonna kill you and the boys when he finds out you're not home." 

You roll your eyes. "Yeah, I know, I know," you mutter into the phone. "See ya, Pastor." You hang up the phone with a sigh. "Well, Pastor Jim hasn't heard for him."

"Neither has Caleb," Sam says after hanging up him phone, "or Jefferson. What about the journal? Any leads in there?"

Dean shakes his head. "No. Same last time I looked. Nothing I can make out." Dean chuckles, "I love the guy, but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda." 

"Maybe we should call the feds, file a missing person's," Sam suggests. 

"No, we talked about this. Dad would be pissed if we put the feds on his tail," Dean counters. 

"I don't care anymore," Sam replies, growing agitated. Dean's phone rings, distracting Dean from the conversation. 

"Patience, you must have," you tell Sam, horribly impersonating Yoda. Sam frowns at you and throws a pillow at your head. You let it hit you, falling back into the bed with a thump. 

"I mean, after what happened back in Kansas--you said it yourself, Dean, Dad should've been there. You tried to call him and nothing," Sam rants as Dean digs through his things looking for his phone. 

"I know," Dean replies, tone hard. "Where the hell is my cell phone?" 

"You know, he could be dead of all we know," Sam voices suddenly. You sit up straight then, glaring at Sam.

"Don't say that," Dean snaps. Sam should know better; it's like poking an angry bear with a stick, the bear being Dean and his 'dead' father being the stick. "He's not dead. He's--"

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?" Sam lists of all the excuses Dean has used before. 

Dean finally finds his phone and the ringing stops. He scoffs. "I don't believe it."

"What?" you ask, crawling to the edge of the bed. 

Dean takes a seat next to you on the bed. "It's a--a text message," Dean says, staring at his phone. "It's coordinates." You leave the bed then and grab Sammy's laptop. 

"You think Dad was texting us?" Sam asks his brother, you punching the numbers into a map. 

"He's given us coordinates before," Dean replies. 

"The man can barely work a toaster, Dean," Sam retorts. You snicker, kinda shocked that Sam would talk so lowly of his father. "

"Sam, this is good news," Dean states. "It means he's okay--or alive."

"Was there a number or a caller ID?" Sam asks. 

"It said 'Unknown,'" Dean answers with a sigh. 

"Okay, where do the coordinates point?" Sam asks, Dean leaning over your shoulder to get a look at the laptop himself. 

"That's the interesting part; Rockford, Illinois," you say, the screen displaying an article you found. 

"And that's interesting how?" Sam questions.