3: Pay attention, Lindsey's got the answer

Gerard's POV:

Belleville New Jersey. It saddened me a bit to think about my hometown. And yet we were to preform a concert there.

You see, I've had a rough past.

I used to have a girlfriend...well more like fiancé, her name was Lindsey we were together for a long time and we had a child together. I was not in a good place at the time and I just left them, for their safety. I still feel like shit after 13 years every time I go here. Sometimes I wonder if they even live here anymore.

I haven't seen my daughter since she was a couple weeks old. I always think about her. I really miss her.

"Hey Gerard, why the long face?," Frank asked.

"Oh- um, I guess its just post- performance anxiety?" I lied. Frank didn't seem convinced, every time I go here I just get in a bad mood.

"You're lying, it's Bandit isn't it?," Frank said tuning his guitar.

I sighed in defeat, "Yeah, I really miss her a lot sometimes."

Frank then gave me a hug, "Awh, It'll be okay."

"Thanks Frankie"

I put a strand of my fire truck red hair behind my ear as I took another sip of my coffee.

***
Bandit's POV:
"Ahhh, Alex! I'm so exited!" I put on my leather jacket and grabbed a few water bottles and two things of mace and put them in my old black backpack. "Do you think we need anything else, Bandit?"Alex said, but before she could answer, my mom called me to come downstairs. Alex stayed my room to pack for the concert and I went downstairs.

My mom was sitting on the couch with an old scrapbook in her lap. She gestured me to sit down next to her and I did as told.

"I need to tell you something before you go to that concert, it's about your father." My mom said, getting my full attention

"W-what is it?" I asked.

"Look, you know I love you, right?"

I nodded, very confused.

"Well, you see I was expecting to tell you when you were a bit older, but its now or never." She opened the book, the first picture was My mom and her friends that she used to be in a band with and My Chemical romance. Gerard was giving lindsey a kiss on the cheek, Jimmy was wearing fairy wings. Mikey was expressionless. Ray was hugging Mikey on the sides and Bob was next to Aunt kitty sticking up a middle finger.

My mom then pointed at Gerard. "This man, is your father..." She said. Her eyes welled up in tears. I decided to give her a hug.

"W-wait, so Alex was right? I can't believe it, but this is enough proof. Why did he leave us? Did he think I was a mistake?" I had a million questions in my head.

"Oh no honey, it was nothing like that, he loved you very much. He was just in a really bad place at the time, he had problems with alcohol and he left for your safety. He's been sober for 12 years now. I didn't want you to know because I thought you would feel like a burden."

"Okay. I have one more question, how did you guys meet?"  I asked

"You know how I told you that I used to be in a band called Mindless Self Indulgence? And that we were a small band?  I may or may not have lied, it was actually really popular. My Chemical Romance and Mindless Self Indulgence toured together, me and Gerard started dating.  The band that I was in was formed in New York, and My Chemical Romance was formed in New Jersey so we saw each other often. I then moved in with Gerard. He left when you were one. Msi broke up after 12 years and I became a music teacher."