Taurus

You were married to Arthur Whittacker that was until you two divorced. Arthur was a sweet man, and he always thought of you in everything—the first problem. He was dedicated to his job and held an important position and attended all projects to the very end— the second problem. He was also a very nice person, everyone considered him a friend and always invited him out— the third problem.

From an outsiders opinion, it seemed as though you shouldn't be complaining. Your case was different: You loved how considerate Arthur was, but he never allowed you to do anything for him; you were always on the receiving end, and you felt guilty every time he bought you something.

He was very dedicated to his job and was a respected superior. Due to his dedication, he wouldn't be home until late in the night or sometimes even days. He would always try to make it up to you whenever he went on business trips by buying you gifts.

Due to his friendly demeanor, he would always please his superiors and co-workers, which also led to him getting what you found unwanted attention from women. Several times when he went to drinking parties, a woman would answer. Knowing Arthur, he probably was in the bathroom as his alcohol tolerance was really high. Even so, you felt insecure in your relationship.

Your marriage deteriorated to the point the only time you two ever communicated was through screaming matches. It pained you. He didn't understand how you felt until finally you couldn't take it anymore and demanded a divorce. After splitting up, you moved out of his house and into an apartment. You wanted a fresh start, so you quit your job and begin working at a new company.

So far it has been a year since then, and you were feeling a lot happier. Arthur thought was miserable. He kept a happy facade in front of others. When he came home to an empty house, he felt lonely. It was shortly after you left, he began to realize how you felt. No doubt would he correct all his mistakes to have you give him another chance.

Your co-worker had invited you to a mixer and you decided to go. It has been a year since your divorce and you were ready to start a new relationship. As you were waiting for the guys to show up, Arthur was following a group of men. He was forced to join the mixer and wasn't looking forward to it.

When he entered and saw you, he widened his eyes. You look up and made eye contact.

"F/n?" he says and you let a wry laugh.

"In the flesh." The men sit down and all of them find partners to talk with. Arthur pairs himself up with you.

"So," he begins. "You decided to join a mixer huh?"

"I did. After our... Divorce. I was too busy getting things in order for me. It also has been a year. I think it is time for me to go out looking for love. What was your reason?"

"... I didn't want to come." You look at him curiously. "To be honest. After you left, only then did I realize where I went wrong. I wanted to make it up to you, so I went to your old company, but they said you quit." You could see the pain in his eyes. He hadn't gotten over you. You still had feelings for him too.

"Arthur."

"Yes?"

"Why don't we give it a shot? You said you learned from your mistakes. Likewise, I learned from mine. Maybe we changed for the better?"

"You are willing to take me back?" You nod and he hugs you, thanking you constantly.

The two of you got along well, but you felt different. You cared for him, but not the way you used to. You realized you fell out of love. You felt guilty about this knowing full on well how he felt and suggesting to get back together. You decided to tell him on your next date since a clear cut is a clean one.

You two had just finished dinner, and he took you out for a walk.

"Do you remember this place?" he asks, holding your hand.

"It is the place where you-" You stop. Arthur looks at you and gets down on one knee and pulls out a ring.

"It is the place where I proposed. I know what mistakes I did last time, but this time, I won't screw them up. I will keep you happy, and I promise to give you the life you want."

"Arthur," you say sadly. "I can't marry you." Arthur smiles.

"I understand. I guess I was rushing things, but don't worry I-"

"I'm sorry." Arthur gets up when he sees you aren't smiling.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't love you like I once did. If we continue our relationship, it will end up like last time."

"What did I do wrong F/n," he mumbles.

"Arthur?"

"What did I do wrong?!" He shouts before gripping your shoulders. "I made sure not to work overtime. I made sure to turn down all invitations to go out with my co-workers. I still give you presents but not like before. What did I do wrong F/n?" Tears fall down from his eyes, and you want to hug him, but you force yourself not to. That would be leading him on.

"Time changes people. Just like it changed you, it changed me. I'm sorry." You walk away from him. As you walk away, he clenches his fist looking down.

"I just got you back. You don't understand how much I love you," he whispers. He then looks up at your retreating figure. His eyes lost his normal sparkle to them. "I don't understand how much I love you, then I will make you understand."

It has been a week and you had come back from working overtime. You enter your apartment feeling tired when you get with a blunt object. You never felt the impact of falling to the ground though. When you come to your senses, you found you are chained to a bed. When you turn your head you see a photo: It was a picture of you and Arthur on your wedding day.

"We were so happy." you turn to the voice and see Arthur looking at you. "Really, I tried F/n. I changed for you and did my best to make you happy. Even so, you say you don't want me."

"Why are you doing this?" You ask trembling slightly.

"Isn't obvious? I realized why our marriage failed in the first place. Yes, it was partly my fault, but you didn't understand my love. So, I decided to show you, my love, a different way." he walks up to you. "Don't worry F/n, it might not be now, but you will understand my love for you."

Edited by WrappedInABlanket