Capricorn

You worked at a craft store near your college. You were studying in finances and it was your final year. Your main reason for actually applying for that job was because you fell in love with the owner Reiner Stints. A love, at first sight, you called it. You didn't believe such things would happen but they did. The reason you fell was that he helped get rid of some unwanted attention.

You happened to learn by accident where he worked because you were buying supplies since you enjoyed doing small crafts. You were excited and feeling like it was fate when you learned he owned the store. You would come in every day to browse and buy supplies. When you heard there was a job opening you immediately applied. You were extremely happy knowing you got the job.

Three years passed and you never were able to confess your feelings. For one he was always obsessed with work and never spoke of anything that wasn't work-related. Even during breaks, he would be looking up ways to improve the store and clientele. Another was you had seen him reject multiple women over the years. You were scared of being rejected, but you decided to tell him when you thought the moment was right.

Reiner didn't like the idea of getting into a relationship again. The very first woman he ever loved cheated on him. He cared for her so much. Why did she have to do that to him? He had received multiple confessions from women, but he always turned them down. He never did anything to lead anyone on and was okay with that. He wasn't ready for relationships.

Weeks had passed you were figuring out how to confess to him. You were going to be graduating in two months, and you wanted to confess. It didn't matter to you whether or not you were rejected. You didn't want to be feeling like this anymore. You were waiting outside for Reiner to close up shop. When he exits, he is surprised to see you standing there.

"F/n. Why are you here? It is dangerous for girls to be out so late." he tells you with concern.

"Well... You see..." you trail off. Saying what you wanted to say was getting more and more difficult until finally... "I really really like you!" You say louder than intended. You leave Reiner and yourself stunned until he regains composure.

"Look F/n, I am sorry. I don't want to be in a relationship right now." You look at him and smile.

"It is okay, I understand. Well, I will see you tomorrow at work then. Bye," you say swiftly turning on your heels and walking away before your tears begin to fall. It hurts. But then again what were you expecting? You knew you were going to get turned down. You stop in your tracks before wiping away your tears. It wasn't the end of the world. You weren't dead. It would take time no doubt, but you could make it through. And maybe one day you will end up with someone even better.

The next day you went to work as you always did and continued doing everything normally. You greeted Reiner when he came in.

"Morning boss," you say with a smile. When Reiner sees you smiling, he begins fumbling around to find words to say. "It is okay." Reiner looks up at you. "I'm fine. I didn't tell you my feelings so we would hit this awkward stage. I am fine. You should be too."

"So everything can be the way it normally is." You nod. You see him let out a sigh of relief before heading to the back. When you are on break you go to check on him and see him scribbling numbers and looking at a calculator.

"Something wrong with the numbers?" You ask him looking at the papers. He turns to you.

"Shipment issues. I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to get everything in on time."

"I can help."

"You can?"

"Of course. My major is financing, so I am pretty good with numbers," you say proudly. You sit down next to him and look at the papers. "I can help you during my breaks and after closing time. As long as it doesn't mess up my own homework schedule."