Crash My Party

I should let you all know now; this is going to be about Luke Bryan, I just wanted to see how things would go once I stepped away from the Avenged spotlight just for a while, I still will write about them it's just It hought I should try something new. 

I hope that you all like it.

     »CRASH MY PARTY

Dropping down heavily in a chair, I propped my feet up in my new house. I adjusted my small fan so that the cool air blew directly in my face. After doing so, I placed a cold, wet rag on my face. It was a terribly hot day in Georgia. The more I moved, the hotter I became. I could feel the sweat dripping off my body as if someone had dumped a bucket of water over me. 

"Brook, can you tell me if I'm melting?" I heard a voice say. "Because it feels like I am melting."

I slowly lifted the rag from my face and gazed lazily at my younger sister, Niki. Her face glistened with sweat and she held a frozen rag in her hand. "You're sweating aren't you?" I laughed lightly.

Laughing along with me, she walked over to the couch, kicking around a few boxes before sitting down. "I wish this heat would go away. I took a shower this morning..." She paused and looked inside of her shirt. "And I think I'm going to need another tonight."

It was lightly raining outside but it was still hot as hell. I looked out the window to see that our dog, Teddy, was slightly wet. He was lying on the porch obviously hot. I'm sure that if he wasn't such a wimp when it came to the rain, he would be out there laying in it. Though, the rain wasn't all he was afraid of. He was also afraid of thunderstorms. However, it was slightly cooler out there than in here.

"I think I might go outside. Probably stick my feet out to let them get a little wet." Niki said, standing up.

I nodded as she left. The only reason why I wasn't outside was because I had a problem with getting wet. I was fine with baths and showers, but when it came to swimming or getting wet from the rain, I just hated it for reasons unknown.

I rested the rag back on my face as I listened to the sound of the fan and the rain merge together. It was quite soothing and I could feel myself slipping away into sleep. I immediately snapped awake when I heard the impossibly loud thunder rumble through the sky. A flash of lightening lit up the room as another crash of thunder battered my ear drums. Sitting up straight in my seat, I let the rag fall off of my face. 

My heart pounded against my chest. It was terribly loud. I wearily looked outside the window where sheets of rain plummeted to the ground. I would have hated to have been outside in a storm like this. Wait. I quickly scanned the front yard for my little sister. Squinting through the rain, I saw her running towards the house, wildly waving her arms. She seemed to be yelling something but I couldn't hear her. As she ran, she pointed. I followed her finger and my eyes rested on the now empty porch. Where's Teddy? I stood up and ran outside. "What happened?" I asked once Niki approached me.

Niki pushed back her drenched hair and wiped her face. "When the thunder struck, Teddy freaked out and he ran off!" she exclaimed breathlessly. "I tried to get him but...he was too fast." Niki placed her hands on her knees and took several deep breaths.

"Where did he run?" I asked, looking around. It was way too early for this to happen; I barely know this place. There's no telling where Teddy could be. Niki pointed to the right and I nodded. "Okay, you go back inside the house and dry off. I'll go and find Teddy," I announced. 

She nodded and ran back inside. I followed to grab my boots and hurried out not even bothering to get a jacket. There was no point since it was burning hot outside.

I jumped off the porch and quickly ran in the direction Niki had pointed to, flinching every time I heard the low rumble of thunder. This was the very first time I have ever been outside during a thunderstorm. I didn't like it at all.

"Teddy!" I shouted, hoping he'd bark to let me know where he was. Listening carefully, I could hear a small whimper. I quickly ran toward the noise. "Teddy?" I shouted again. I sighed in relief when I finally found him underneath a truck. His eyes were huge and he was trembling so badly I could practically hear his bones rattling. As I stepped closer I saw that there was barbed wire. No way through it and no way around it, except for this little hole that probably barely big enough for Teddy to fit through. I sighed and kneeled down, knowing that I was going to get cut. There wasn’t any other entrance near. 

I ducked and tried my best to crawl between the wires. "Come here, Teddy. It's okay," I assured him, holding out my hand. Teddy didn't move and I slid closer. "Ouch!" I shrieked when I felt a piece of the barbed wire cut the skin from my shoulder. "Dammit," I cursed. I looked at the cut for a few more seconds before focusing back on Teddy. "Come on Teddy, nothing is going to hurt you." I tried to coax him out.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" a deep voice boomed so loud, I could've mistaken it for the thunder.

Startled, I looked up and saw this huge mountain of a man staring down at me. I widened my eyes and swallowed the lump in my throat, shocked at his sudden appearance. Another flash of lightening lit up the sky, illuminating his brown eyes. He didn't even flinch at the deafening roar of thunder. He didn't seem to mind the rain rolling down his face either.

Just as I was about to open my mouth to speak, I saw Teddy bolt from under the truck and down the road. "Teddy!" I called after him, standing up. I turned around to face the stranger and that questioning stare remained stationary on his face. I just rolled my eyes and ran after Teddy. I knew that the guy was probably chasing after me, but I was going to explain everything, once I caught Teddy.

"Teddy, come on!" I yelled, chasing him until I saw the outline of a small barn. I made my way inside and bent over to catch my breath. Well, at least I was out of the rain. I raked a hand through my tangled, wet hair and looked around for Teddy. I walked further inside, only hearing the sound of my own heavy breathing. I froze when I heard small whimpering from a shadowy corner. "Teddy?" I whispered. I saw him curled up into a tight little ball, shaking violently. "It's okay Teddy, I'm not going to hurt you." I said, slowly approaching him so I wouldn't startle him more. 

"What the hell are you doing here?" I heard a deep voice question scaring the living daylights out of me. I shrieked and whirled around, seeing the same huge guy from before. He had his massive arms crossed over his chest and his eyes were narrowed.

I placed a hand over my racing heart and took a deep breath. "Look, I didn't mean to cause you any kind of trouble." I explained. "I was just trying to get my dog, he's afraid of thunderstorms so he ran off." 

The guy looked past me at my terrified dog and nodded. "He looks pretty scared. Maybe you should bring him inside and get him dried off. Best to wait until the storm passes before you go back." he said. "And I should probably clean that cut..."

I had completely forgotten about the wound on my shoulder. I looked down at it to see blood trickling down my arm. I guess it was worse than I thought. I shrugged and looked back at him. "I'm okay really, it doesn't even hurt." 

"I'm not gonna take no for an answer." He approached me and smiled.

I returned the gesture and nodded. "Okay." I agreed. "I guess we should head inside then, I might need to use your phone to let my sister know where I am." I noted. "And you might want to carry Teddy inside. He probably won't go out there willingly." I pointed out as I shot a worried glance towards my traumatized dog.  

He nodded and walked past me. Kneeling down next to him, he stroked his ears and whispered softly. I watched as Teddy's trembling ceased and he hesitantly licked one of the guy's hands. When the guy scooped his arms under Teddy's belly, I snorted in surprise. I honestly didn't think that he would be able to pick him up considering the fact that Teddy was half Great Pyrenees and half Anatolian Shepherd.

But he could. 

                               copyright © 2014-2015 synysters_wife