Nine || Drunk On You

»DRUNK ON YOU |

This still didn't feel real. It was so weird that Luke had asked me out. And the crazy thing is, I said yes. I was now officially dating someone. "Brook, hello? Are you there?"

I have a boyfriend now.

"Brooklyn!" Jake screams snapping my attention to him. 

I look at him and frown, wondering why the hell he was yelling at me. "What?" I asked, making a duck face at him. 

"I said that Niki wanted me to tell you that your brother is coming," Jake informed me. "He wants to see how the both of you are doing since he hasn't seen you in a long time."

My eyes widened. "My brother?" I asked. Jake nodded. "My older one, like, my birth older brother?" 

"I'm sorry, how many older brothers do you have that aren't birth related to you?" Jake questioned lifting an eyebrow.

I rolled my eyes and shoved my hand in his face. This was probably going to add a little more drama to my life. Since I'm dating Luke, the twins are going to try everything in their power to take him away from me. And then there is my older brother, who knows what he would try to do. He's an older brother! 

"You know what I mean Jake," I said sighing. "What am I going to do?" I asked aloud, sitting in front of the small fan. "CJ is my older brother and you know how older brothers get around when guys dating their little sister is involved." 

Jake thought for a moment, then he shrugged. "Well, you never know!" He said sitting down next to me. "He might like Luke, but if he doesn't..." His voice trailed off. “I'm sure that he will, Bee, don't worry about it!" 

"You know, telling me not to worry about it is pointless." I groaned. 

"Well, instead of thinking about that, think about where Luke is going to take you on your first date!" Jake wiggled his eyebrows and I smiled. "Did you pick out the names for your future children yet?" 

I frowned and punched his shoulder. "Are you kidding me, Jake?" I gasped. "I just started dating Luke, like, yesterday and you already want me to pick out baby names?"  

"I was just kidding!" Jake whined, rubbing his sore shoulder. "Dammit, you might look like a woman but you sure as hell hit like a man! I don't think CJ has anything to worry about, you can handle yourself." 

"I hope you learned your lesson!" I said. "Don't talk about things you shouldn't around me!" I was actually curious as to where Luke and I would be going for our first date. He said that it was going to be tonight. Jake probably knew. I momentarily thought about forcing him to tell me, but I've abused him enough already. 

"Yeah, yeah...” He mumbled, rolling his eyes. “Hey, did you decide what you were going to wear tonight?" He asked. 

I scoffed. "You just have to know about everything, don't you?" I giggled, standing and walking away. 

Jake stood as well. "Why can't I know?" He questioned, following me around the shop. "I like knowing things. And you know damn well that Niki also likes to know things as well!" 

I turned around to see him with his hands on his hips. I laughed loudly at his very feminine-like stance. "I'm not going to be wearing anything!" I shout.

Jake gasped. "Brook, you dirty little thing." 

"I didn't mean like that, Jake!" I exclaimed. "I meant that I'm not exactly going to be wearing anything fancy! I'm just going to wear something that I already have and that I feel comfortable in." 

"Wear shorts." He said. 

"Why?" I asked.

"Just wear shorts," He said. "Luke made me promise not to tell you anything, but just do as I say!" He demanded.

I crossed my arms and pouted, making it very obvious that I wasn't happy with the very little information I received.

Jake rolled his eyes. "Just do it, Brook." 

"Fine, I'll wear shorts." I sighed in defeat. "If something happens because I wore shorts I am going to kick your ass!" I threatened, pointing a finger at him. 

"Whatever you say, Bee!" He laughed. "So, since we're on the dating subject, I was wondering if it would be alright with you if I asked Niki out. You and Luke would be out and you know how Niki doesn't like being in a house by herself." 

I narrowed my eyes. "If you try anything-"

"I wouldn't do anything to ever hurt her," He sounded more serious than I've ever heard him. "I would never let anything hurt her, including myself. I promise you that."

I nodded, liking his answer. I knew that Jake was a nice guy, but he had a past with girls. He's has dated a lot and I didn't want my sister to end up being one of those girls that he had broken the heart of. 

"But if Niki says yes to you, don't think that I would ever agree to a double date." I added. I wasn't a fan of double-dating. Although, I'm sure that Jake and Niki wouldn't mind doing it, they were two of a kind. "If she does say yes, then what are you two going to do?" I asked walking around the shop making sure everything was in its place. 

"I don't know, we're probably going to just watch some movies." He shrugged. 

"That's probably a good idea, just don't take her to any parties because she would probably get lost." I said. I was more than sure that if Jake took her to a party Niki would just walk home because she wouldn't want to ask a guy to. Mainly because they would either be drunk or have something else on their mind. If she asked a girl they would probably give her sass. 

"You know I wouldn't do that!" He said. "I'd probably take her to a carnival or something."

"Just don't let her near any clowns!" I laughed. "She really hates clowns." 

"Now I know what NOT to go as for Halloween!" He laughed.