Five || Thinking Out Loud

This chapter might just be a bit of a filler but you still might wanna read it :) I hope that you like it, please vote and comment! I love getting feedback, comments are always amazing in my house! 

I will try to make the next chapters longer so that they can be more interesting to read, I promise that they won't be as short as this one was lol this might've just been the shortest chpater I have on this book! 

Anyway, get to reading ya'll! 

     »THINKING OUT LOUD |

Jake loudly hummed a song that was playing on the radio. He missed a note here and there, but he didn't seem to notice. I checked on the baby chicks, making sure that they had enough food and water. "You really like that song don't you, Jake?" I questioned once he was done. 

"It was a good song," he said smiling at me. "You gotta admit, it makes you want to dance and sing along!" 

I giggled and nodded. "Okay, yeah it was a good song," I agreed. "But you don't even know the lyrics to that song and you're already humming it? Did it get stuck in your head or something?" I questioned placing my hands on my hips. 

"Baby, you a song you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruise!" he sang as he walked away. 

I guess he does know the lyrics. I laughed as I shook my head. It was a pretty good song, actually. The lyrics were actually really catchy, I wouldn't be surprised if I started singing it.

I couldn't wait to get off work in a few hours. I was anticipating going to the lake with Niki and Luke. Just thinking about it made me giddy with excitement.  

Jake returned and I quickly wiped the smile off my face. But he already saw. "You excited about something?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I bit my lip and shrugged even though I knew exactly what I was excited about. When I couldn't contain it anymore, I broke out into a huge grin. "Well, of course!" I exclaimed. "We're going to the lake!" I giggled. "It's been a while since I've taken Niki there, I bet she probably misses it and with all of this heat I bet she misses it even more." I said walking over to the cash register. 

"Ooh..." Jake responded crossing his arms. "So, you'll be swimming?"

I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes. He knew that I didn't like water so he literally had no reason to ask that. "You know I don't swim," I said. "I hate the water and the water hates me!" I stated. 

Jake stared at me. Then he chuckled. "You know, just because you don't know how how to swim doesn't mean the water hates you." He said. "And you won't even let anyone teach you, you'd just rather sit in the heat and sweat your stubborn ass off!"

I rolled my eyes at his statement, even though it was true. I have this tendency to not ask for help. I don't really know how to "swallow my pride". "Maybe I'm not being a suborn ass, maybe I just don't want to bother with getting wet because I don't like being wet!" I said, my voice progressively rising. My inability to swim has always been a soft-spot for me. 

The bell chimed and I looked up to see an old couple who had just walked in. I cleared my throat and smiled sweetly at them. If anyone were to walk in here for the first time they'd think I'm a terrible employee who liked yelling and talking back to my boss. However, I see it as yelling and talking back to a friend.

"Just because they're here doesn't mean that this is over!" I whisper sternly.

"Whatever you say, Bee!" Jake chuckled and made his way over to the old couple to help them.

I began thinking about what I was going to wear later as I watched Jake help the old couple. I wanted to impress him, but I didn't want it to be so obvious. I knew that if everyone saw that I was trying to impress him, they wouldn't stop bothering me about it. I sighed to myself and rubbed my temples. This is why I don't like getting involved with guys.

After a while, the old couple had found what they were looking for and left. Today was an agonizingly slow business day. I actually wanted it to be one of those extremely busy days so I would have something to do. I looked up at the clock and sighed to myself. I just couldn't wait to get off work. 

Jake came and stood next to me  sighing loudly. "How about I just close up early so that we can-" 

"Thank you so much Jake!" I shrieked wrapping my arms around him. "I will pay you back for this, I promise!" I grinned at him.

Jake laughed as he returned my hug. "Don't worry about it, it's a slow day." He released me and rubbed his chin. "Although I do know a way that you can pay me back,"

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. By that mischievious grin on his face I started to regret what I said.

"Maybe if you go out with Luke..." I slapped his shoulder and his grin was replaced with a grimace. "Ow! What was that for?" He put his hand over the spot where I had hit him. "I just want you to be happy and you seem to be your happiest when you're around Luke." He went on. "You seem like a totally different person and you've never acted that way around any other guy before, so I just thought that maybe you liked him." He shrugged.

I was about to say that he was getting a little bit ahead of himself, but I knew he was right. There was actually no way of denying how I felt about Luke, although it was just a crush.

Oh yeah, just a crush. Everyone believe you--me actually. Wow I am confuising myself so badly right now lol I hope that ya'll enjoyed it, remember, vote and comment! The comments and votes help get a chapter up quicker!