twenty six // the end

Ladies and gentlemen, we, the Sherwood Police Department, deeply apologize for our incompetence in solving the cases of Heather Chandler, Kurt Kelly and Ram Sweeney. At the time, the cases looked like suicides. 

The cases have been reclassified as homicides as new evidence was found in a note. In the note, Jason Dean confesses to killing Heather Chandler, Kurt Kelly, Ram Sweeney, Veronica Dean and Giselle Dean. He killed himself moments after writing the note.

Further investigation led us to find diaries in the house. One diary was penned by Veronica Dean, formerly Veronica Sawyer. In this diary she discusses the murders of Heather Chandler, Kurt Kelly and Ram Sweeney. Murders that she, and her husband, committed. It also seems as if Jason planned to blow up Westerburg High School at a pep rally in the March of 1990. Only three months before he, and Veronica, would have graduated. He was last seen at that pep rally.

Jason Dean was assumed a runaway, until he resurfaced in 1991, went to college and became a private investigator. He stayed in Sherwood for years, according to Veronica's diary, waiting for her to return. When she did, the two rekindled their love and married by their daughter's eight birthday in November of 1998. All sources close to the Deans say they were completely normal, and that both Veronica and Jason loved their daughter deeply. This was not the case, however. 

Another diary found in the Dean residence belonged to that of Giselle Dean, known by friends and family as Elle or Ellie. Ellie Dean was an eight year old little girl. By the beginning of 1999, she had attempted suicide two times. In her diary, young Elle discusses things no eight year old should know about. She knew that her parents were murders, she knew that they killed Heather Chandler. She claims that her entire family was haunted by Heather Chandler's ghost. She says, and I quote, 

"Heather is like my big sister. She's a ghost. Mama and daddy killed her a long time ago. She likes to haunt us. She moves mom and dad's cigarettes to annoy them." 

Ellie Dean told everything to her diary, her mother told her that since she couldn't confide in anyone else, a diary would be beneficial to her. Elle wrote about her paranoid and neurotic yet loving and protective her mother was. Elle also wrote about how loving her father was, but told her diary the times he turned into an angry-eyed stranger. She wrote about the times he hurt her and her mother, physically and emotionally. She chronicled her suicide attempts and there are drafts of suicide notes in her diary. 

She deserved a better life than she was given. Her parents did love her, but they were unstable and toxic. Towards the day she was murdered by her father, Elle talks about how often her parents are fighting. She says, 

"I wish they could be like they are in my photographs." 

Elle loved photography and to most adults, her parents were her muses. She took beautiful photos of them. In photographs, everything looks normal. Life for Elle Dean was not normal. Ellie Dean had a lot of love in her eight year old heart, and she will be deeply missed by everyone who crossed her path. She is in a better place now, in Heaven, where every angel belongs. 

It's over now. bruises is completed! Thank you so much for reading! I will be doing more Heather's fanfictions, so stay tuned! And forgive me for the ending!