𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟

∘◦ ☆ ◦∘

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐀𝐍 left us alone for a while so he could do all his duties for the day. I still didn't really know anyone here, which was to be expected I guess, especially when you're not from the same so-called world.

I decided to wander around the ship for a while and explore what I haven't seen already. Couldn't hurt, could it?

I wandered under the ship, where most of the crew sleeps. There were hammocks strung from the support beams, some having one hanging over the other like a bunk bed. There were also cots laid out across the floor in uneven rows.

As I kept strolling, I noticed a hammock with soaking wet clothes draped over the edge. I recognized the grey button up and black trousers. They were Edmund's from when we first arrived, which means that this must be where he is staying for the rest of our voyage.

Seeing where Edmund's sleeping arrangements are, reminds me that I don't have any yet. I make a mental note to ask King Caspian about that later and not forget where Edmunds hammock is located, just in case.

Continuing my stroll, I found the wooden ladder at the other end of the ship and climbed my way back onto the deck. The bright sun blinded my eyes for a couple seconds before they readjusted from being in the dim area.

Looking around, I realized I was at the bow of the ship, very close to the edge. Not wanting to fall into the ocean, I moved more into the centre, near the dragon engraved onto the bowsprit.

Seeing something moving on the head of the dragon, I learned as far as I could over the edge, trying to get a glimpse of what it was. The first thing I saw was a red feather waving in the breeze. Recognizing this, I realized that the small grey mouse from before was standing on the very edge, singing to himself.

"Where the waves grow ever sweet, doubt not, you Reepicheep. To find all that you seek, there is the Utter East; doubt not-"

"Hello," I greeted, seeming to startle him, as he jumped and turned around to face me quite quickly, "Oh! Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's quite alright," He reassured, "Who might you be? I don't think I have seen you on this ship before."

I looked down sheepishly and gave a nervous laugh, "Yeah... I got here today. Came through a painting with the Pevensies and their cousin. It leaked water you know!"

The small mouse chuckled, "Aslan works in mysterious ways, that's for sure. We just have to have faith that you're in Narnia for a reason."

"Aslan seems like a very mysterious lion indeed," I smiled at him.

"What is your name?" The mouse questioned.

"Dawn Gilden," I introduced, holding out my hand for him to shake.

He took my hand in his small paw and shook it slightly, "Reepicheep. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Reepicheep," I smiled, laughing a bit.

Suddenly Lucy came up beside me, smiling at both of us joyfully, "Hello Reep! Dawn!"

"Hello, Lucy," Reepicheep and I returned at the same time.

Lucy looked out at the horizon, where the large waves of the neverending ocean met the blue sky. It was a pretty sight, one I never thought I would be able to see, where everywhere you look is just straight blue water and blue sky. The overflow of the different shades of blue was beautiful, they all complimented each other like a colour pallet.