𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

∘◦ ☆ ◦∘

𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 on the sand next to Lucy and Gael, I shifted my head to be more centred on Edmund's chest, my pulse matching the rhythm of the rise and fall of his breathing. The sky was pitch black and the air around us grew colder, as the fire was slowly dying out. Every so often someone would put another stick in to fuel the fire.

"I miss my mummy," Gael spoke out of nowhere, turning onto her side to face the rest of us, a sad glint in her eyes as she spoke.

Giving her a smile, I tried to make her feel better, but remembered how long it feels I have been away from home, "I miss mine too."

"Don't worry, you'll see her again," Lucy reassured, taking Gael's hand in her own and sighing quietly, "You both will."

"How do you know?" Gael immediately questioned in response, I could tell she was worried and she had every right to be.

Lucy was quiet for a moment before she shifted to face the young girl better, "You just have to have faith about these things. Aslan will help us."

Gael shook her head, her eyes filling up with tears, but her voice didn't break as she spoke, "Aslan couldn't stop her from being taken."

"We'll find her. I promise," Lucy spoke with strength and reassurance, brushing Gael's bangs out of her face.

"Somehow," I whispered, hoping that what we told Gael will come to pass.

The brightness of the sun burned my eyes when I first opened them, the rays directly in my eyes. Lifting my hand to block the light, a blue speck in the sky shone through my open fingertips. Moving my hand out of the way, I noticed it was a star and it happened to be blue, the one we were looking for.

Sitting up, I shoved Edmund in the side and kicked Lucy's foot, "Edmund! Edmund, Lucy, wake up! Look! The Blue Star!"

"What? What is it?" King Caspian sleepily mumbled, liting his head from the sand and looking at me. I pointed up at the sky where the star was located, "Everybody, wake up! It's the Blue Star!"

Every immediately started to wake themselves and gather their things, a few laughing in relief at the thought of not searching anymore. Reepicheep scurried up to Eustace and tapped his head, "Come on, old boy, wake up."

Standing on the deck of the Dawn Treader, next to the wheel, King Caspian, Edmund, Drinian and Lucy surrounded me. Looking up at the mast and sails of the ship, I couldn't help but laugh at how droopy and lifeless they seemed.

Drinian shook his head and stated the obvious, "The wind has left us."

"So how do we get to Ramandu's Island now then?" I questioned, tilting my head in thought, having no ideas besides wait for some wind and clouds, but that could take days, weeks even.

Taking my hand in his own, Edmund took one last look at the dead, still sky and grumbled, "My guess is something doesn't want us to get there."

A whoosh sounded to my right and I saw Eustace circle around the boat for the millionth time in a beige blur. A crew member from below scoffed and threw up his hands, "If I get any hungrier, I'm gonna eat that dragon!"

Reepicheep, who was sitting on the mast poles, thrust his sword in front of him, "Don't worry, Eustace, they'll have to deal with me first."

Eustace flew a little too close to the side of the boat and made a few people flinch out of the way of his wings, "Careful!"